auto to manual reverse light hookup

94streetteg

Hey guys, I just got a 94 integra. There was a 97 motor swap in it and the 94 motor had an automatic transmission and the new one is manual. The person that swapped this car before I got it never bothered to plug in the reverse lights, and I just wanted to know where those were so I could run it myself.

acclude

cheap bastard
huh? You actually have to re-wire them at the old connector that used to go to the auto shifter assembly. The reverse switch for the manual is on the transmission itself which needs to tie into the wires that used to go to the auto shifter assembly. Unfortunately it's not a simple "plug-n-play" operation. Use a shop manual for the wiring diagrams and compare the differences and you'll see how it needs to be wired up.

acclude

cheap bastard
not unless the stock wiring that goes to your taillights has been removed for some retarded reason. Do you have reverse light bulbs in? If so do you have the harness that bulbs plug into? If so then no, you do not need to run anything to your taillights. it's a matter or wiring the reverse sensor on the trans to the wiring in the center console area for the old auto shifter assembly. tie them in together and your reverse lights will work. Again, check a shop manual for diagrams and correct wire colors of how to connect them.

94streetteg

yea, i figured it out today. i had the sensor in the side of the transmission but the wires were cut on the inside, so i just took it and ran an older sensor i had from the same harness i used to make a b18 swap in my old civic. it works fine now.

COBO

DB7
i know what you mean man i have the same problem right now i cant get my lights to work