Tegsox 2005 Civic 3 amp system (56K...)

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
My biggest, baddest, loudest system ever, right here baby!

The car: 2005 Civic EX 2 door manual

The Equipment/stats:

Radio: Alpine 7894 (2002)
Front Speakers: Diamond Audio HEX S600S (S = silk dome tweeters) (2006)
-Component set, 6.5 inch mids
Rear Speakers: MB Quart 215.02 CX (1996)
-Component set, 4 inch mids, aluminum tweeters
Subwoofer: JL Audio 12W6v2 (2007)
-12 inch sub
Electronic crossover: Precision Power FRX-456 (1997)
Amplifiers:
PPI PCX 480 (2002) Running the 4 front speakers
-80 watts RMS x 4 @4 ohms
PPI PC4400 (1999) Running the 4 rear speakers
-50 watts x 4 @4 ohms
PPI PCX 2125 (2002) Running the subwoofer
-500 watts x 1 @4 ohms
Interconnects/Accessories:
-Phoenix Gold RCA's
-Phoenix Gold Power and Ground distribution blocks and Voltage display
-Phoenix Gold 0 guage power wire and fuse holder/14 guage speaker wire (rears)
-Esoteric Audio 12 guage speaker wire (fronts and sub)

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
The Abbot does sound fantastic. So does Pantera! Seriously this sytem is so loud at full volume my ears can hardly stand it. I need to be careful. I'm gonna kill my hearing and my alternator. But the sound is so clean, the midrange in particular is so defined - flat and clean, it's fucking amazing. I'm so happy with it. Biamplification is the way to go, you can't beat it.

Someday I want to upgrade the rear speakers. I just didn't have the money for it right now, after spending about $700 on the JL, Diamond Audio's, power/speaker wire, wood/carpet/misc supplies. When I do I'm gonna put the tweeters up in the rear pillars, not next to the mid in the rear deck. Right now I have to fade the sound to the rear quite a bit, those MB Quart's can't keep up witht the Diamond's in the front. I like a balanced sound front to rear. The MB's are holding me back at this point.

Last edited:

heykosal

Angkorian
Holy shit Barry the install is FLAWLESS!!

Check out those amp wires!!

I think that dash is ugly though, acres of black plastic? Belongs in like a Focus or something..

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
did you swap it over from the teg or this is a complete new build?
It's a complete new build for the Civic, but the 3 amps and the Alpine have all spent time in the Integra:

The very first big system in the Integra, from 2002:

The Integra today:

I moved the 0 guage power and ground from the Teg to the Civic, the nice PG RCA's too. The Teg has 4 guage for the one 6 channel amp now. And the Teg got the tacky pink Stinger RCA's from 1998, lol. They're cheesy but they're quality cords.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I think that dash is ugly though, acres of black plastic? Belongs in like a Focus or something..
Hey! I have no control over that, lol j/k
The radio situation does suck a little. First off, the Metra kit sucks, which is pretty rare for Metra. It doesn't clip into the dash tightly, the right side of the kit is actually sticking out like 1/16 of an inch. Doesn't sound like much, but it should pop in tight and be flush with the rest of the dash, it looks shitty from the passenger side.
Also, the angle of the radio in relation to the driver's angle of view is awful, it angles way too high. The angle you see it at in that pic, I actually modified the mounting of the radio inside the dash to get it THAT good. I drilled my own holes in the OEM brackets to bring the radio more outward and slightly angled down (lifted the ass end up) more from where it would have normally sat. It helped a little, but the display is almost impossible to read in the daytime, I have to put my hand over the radio to block sunlight and lean forward so I can read the display, at night I can see it well enough though.

heykosal

Angkorian
but the display is almost impossible to read in the daytime, I have to put my hand over the radio to block sunlight and lean forward so I can read the display, at night I can see it well enough though.
Its okay I went through that too with the Alpine in my teggy, the display all but disappeared behind polarized lenses!8)