Cel code 9 Wtf??

Boriballer08

wats up peeps!! just recently i posted a thread abou tmy car showing me the infamous CEL 7 the tps sensor and i finnally got it fixed...i was excited to finally drive my teg back again,my rx7 was killing me with gaz:x anyways,i reset the ecu and let the ecu read the new tps,after all thats done check for the CEL nothing was showing until i did a test drive and bam!!! CEL came up,did some research and it's the cylinder position sensor which i have no idea what that is,what should i do to replace or watever please help me!!

spyk3

cylinder position sensor? wouldnt that be the same thing as a crankshaft position sensor?

Spody02

Name: Cody
are you sure, i have never heard of this code

you sure it didnt say CKP sensor, meaning crackshaft postion sensor

which is located by your pulley on the back of the block
you can check to if its unpluged, split wires, or you need to replace the sensor

Boriballer08

good links man,i appreciated all the help,well ok last night i was driving back from and notice that my car did'nt show the check engine light from code 9,prior to that i went to advance auto and ask them wtf is the cylinder position sensor and they were like "huh" lmao!! they called the acura dealer and said is also know as the "crank position sensor" from what i've been reading you dont have to replace the dizzy just that sensor inside the dizzy but i think im having a problem with the wiring cuz last night i drove like 30 miles and no CEL came up so,im gonna get some sensor/wire fluid cleaner and check if theres any shorts,feel free to keep inputing...

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
It's inside the distributor. It's not removable from the distributor. It's rarely the wiring unless someone tampered with it. Which would be weird since there's almost no reason to ever touch that wiring. Make sure you set your ignition timing properly.

mirrorimg

It's inside the distributor. It's not removable from the distributor. It's rarely the wiring unless someone tampered with it. Which would be weird since there's almost no reason to ever touch that wiring. Make sure you set your ignition timing properly.
The sensors inside the distributor are in fact replaceable from what I have read, but the parts are simply not sold individually.

96white

where is the crankshaft position sensor on a b18b1 in a 1996 integra LS??
the kid im getting it from says he bought a new one but has yet to install it. however he is still daily driving the car???
my buddy mike is a honda guru, he held the honda-tech meeting in albion new york last year, he says the car is ok to drive with out the Crankshaft position sensor and that he will help me. i just need to make sure its where we think it is.