RUST!!! sucks

samace_sg

Second Glance
Terrible... I really need to fix this nasty rust spot.. getting worse and worse..

well finally done...

Last edited:

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
i know how you feel except mine is in the rear quarter panel. i cant put my 98 rear bumper on unless i have sheet metal welded in the same spot.

ShinsenTuner

New and fresh.
Rust isn't like... surface though, rust is the chemical change in Metal that makes it become brittle and shit. It's almost impossible to know where to cut a fender to stop the rust because it's just hard to predict where it starts and stops. So I doubt you can just spray something on there and the rust magically falls off and leaves clean metal beneith it.

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
yeah i know what you mean. but im saying if its surface rust. is there an alternative to sandblasting? like a spray. but i highly doubt it.

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
that's an option. but the problem is you don't know how far the rust has gone. so there's a chance that you might have to cut off a part of you fender.

speedin

The Transporter
JDM_Conversion said:
alright ill look for it tomorrow. is it effective? and where do you get it?
Home Depot. Its ment as a Suface Rust remover. Cant handle alot obviously

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
i definately wouldnt just bondo it. you gotta find where it ends and stop it there, rust is like a fuckin cancer it'll just keep on spreading even if you get rid of most of it and just paint over it.

tisguy

ShinsenTuner said:
Rust isn't like... surface though, rust is the chemical change in Metal that makes it become brittle and shit. It's almost impossible to know where to cut a fender to stop the rust because it's just hard to predict where it starts and stops. So I doubt you can just spray something on there and the rust magically falls off and leaves clean metal beneith it.
Agreed. but because it's a chemical change, there should be another chemical that penetrates rust and reverses the effects of rust. it'll hunt down the rust and reverse its effects :D

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
tisguy said:
Agreed. but because it's a chemical change, there should be another chemical that penetrates rust and reverses the effects of rust. it'll hunt down the rust and reverse its effects :D
ooo good one. ownage. lol.

ShinsenTuner

New and fresh.
tisguy said:
This is true... but i'm pretty sure once metal has turned to rust it's not coming back :lol: