PocketBomber's DB7 project

PocketBomber

So I thought I'd start a build thread. Some of the other sedan guys might have seen me in their threads. I finally found my ride at a price I want, in the trim I want in the condition I want. Only problem? It's an autotragic.

Big point? Like another sedan builder, I'm doing this on a budget.

Solution? I have a dc2 with a rusted up body and a bad tranny I'm parting out. So all I need is a transmission and a t bracket and I'm happy.

The tranny went out last Thursday and since then I've been on the hunt and found what I wanted.

First things first, I go pick up my db7 tomorrow.

Parts I have:
a GReddy SP2 - already owned
Replica mugen front strut brace
(decked out in stickers I'll get bashed for) - got in a trade for some old parts I had laying around
Or oem dc2 front strut brace
Cheap eBay rear strut brace -from trade
Spoon sports rear lower tie -from trade
factory gsr sunflowers painted bronze
A set of BBS RAs that need work -250
A set of wings west RS side skirts for sedan - 20$
AEM cold air I cut into a short ram. (free)
Cheapo amber corners. Idk eBay. 30$?

Immediate plans: make a 4.5" adapter for the exhaust to fit and switch the exhaust system over, put the bronze sunflowers on.
Prep the dc2 for partout.

Future plans:
do SOMETHING else with the front end (98+usdm or jdm).
Replace rear bumper and tails with 98+
Refinish BBSs
Shave side moldings and antenna hole
Manual conversion (input welcome on this one, I have an entire donor car to help do it right and a few threads for reference.)

Way later: a k24 swap or a custom holset turbo setup.

factory winter wheels idgaf about

BBS RAs, need a little resto. Easy work, ive polished lips before.

So there's my first post. My maininspirations for this thread are klutch and dailydb but I have no plans of copyin anything they do on purpose. It'll be a slow build since this is my main daily, my truck gets crap MPH.

Help, advice, and criticism all welcome. Also, parts trades are welcome too.
Lookin for those 98 rear parts and possibly front end parts.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Sounds like quite the project :) can't wait to see how she turns out!!! Glad we can inspire :thumbs up

For the manual swap, basically everything you need is on that parts car of yours minus the rear transmission mount (hasport makes the one you need I believe) and obviously the transmission. It really is a pretty straightforward task. Check out write-ups and whatnot if you have any confusion or hit us up with questions!

PocketBomber

just got it home. drove almost 2 hours with no plate (bought my insurance last night and had the title in my pocket so not a huge deal).
those damn razo shift knobs are next to impossible to find. even a knock off is hard to find, all i see are the crappy penis-with-a-button ones and some ebay ones that look questionable but might be my only option other than keeping that stock. poor car isnt gonna get the attention it deserves until sunday when im off work.
notes:
rear view mirror is broken off. glove box looks like a fat girl tried to climb inside it. theres loose change everywhere and theres sticky soda spill residue all over the console. also, it didnt have a head unit, which i knew when i went to get it so i took one. hoping its a fuse and not some moron work. there are 2 random speaker wires in the trunk i havent identified yet. and theres a stupid u-haul trailer hitch on it. not sure if i should take it off or buy an awesome f1 wannabe lower 3rd brake light for it. can trailer hitches be the new roof racks please!?!

i noticed a few other minor things wrong with it that i hadnt originally noticed, some listed above, some cosmetic. the interior is a solid 8/10 though if it were clean. with a few parts from the dc2 itll be a good 9 in a few days. found some light body damage i hadnt noticed but i can deal with it till i get to the later plans i have.

god my first post made me look illiterate. i wake up at 5am for work. i was tired.

tomorrow i take some starter pics and get to fixing the little things.

thought id add the BBS RAs, i actually got a set of ARE BBS wannabes i sold locally for 150. the tires were almost new. threw the tires on the sunflowers, spent 100 out of pocket on top of the 150 for the RAs. Def doin this on a budget for now, the main reason for the switch to four doors was cause i had a daughter in april. the tranny was just the straw that broke the camels back.

also, on the crappy painted bronze sunflowers, that picture made them look a LOT more gold than they are. they have an ALMOST rota bronze color to them, just a tad lighter. brake dust helps.

Last edited:

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Lol! Yep, the Razo's have been discontinued, the trick will definitely be finding one. But congrats man, sounds like you've got some work ahead of yourself. Speaker wires in the trunk may be wiring for a sub

PocketBomber

So some news. The sunflowers are on the db and theyre popular as hell. At least 4 people have asked to buy them. I think I like them a little more than I used to now.

The tranny in the dc2 didn't go out.... I didn't instal one of the axles correctly when I replaced it a few weeks before that happened.

Got the parts to extend my dc2 exhaust to a db exhaust. 2 2.5"id 2 bolt flanges and a lenght of 2.5"od exhaust pipe. Gonna let the exhaust shop weld that together since I haven't welded since I was 15. After that, throwin the sp2 onto the db.

In the process of paying back money borrowed to buy the car on short notice so not much changed on it. Threw a new head unit and speakers in it but that didn't work out too well, there static like crazy so I gotta figure out why.

Planning out my manual conversion and not sure if its better to cut and weld the tranny bracket or if I should go with the conversion mount. Reason being: I'm not sure if that's the bracket that gets cut off in a k swap. IF it is the one that gets cut off, then I'll just go with the conversion mount. If it is NOT the one that gets cut off, well I'll possibly need the correct mounting point there down the road when I get to the 2nd or 3rd part of my build.
But for now were looking at a manual conversion and then relatively soon after some form of b series vtec setup.

Snagged a p30 ecu for 40$.

Having trouble on deciding if I should rewire my car as a factory 5 speed or if that's too much work. Would love some input but that seems like unexplored territory.

PocketBomber

Also, wires in the trunk? They're for the trailer hitch. Didn't see the end connector on it at first. Gonna remove that stupid thing asap

PocketBomber

Got a jic magic front lower tie bar.

Got my 2 door to 4 door exhaust extension made.

Got some new 6x9s to replace the stock garbage that was in back since all I had were 4 6.5s from the coupe.

Have a lot of the parts from the dc2 sold and spoken for locally so the money I owe for the db is about paid off so money can go towards upgrades after this.

Got the tranny conversion mount ordered.

Pulling the crappy tires off the BBSs tomorrow.

Grabbed a cheap new battery tie down to clean the bay up, looking for the 98+ LS valve cover now.

On the hunt for the rest of my manual conversion parts since I sold my tranny, clutch, starter, midshaft and torque mount with the engine. Still got my axles, shift linkage and all the pedals etc so there's that.

Still on the hunt for my rear bumper but I found my tail lights. Dudes asking 135 for them, trying to talk him down.

Hunting down a set of RDX injectors.

Switching my alarm over this weekend.

Bought a stupid lug nut key kit from blox for 9$ since h-tune.co.uk sent me a free blox lug nut drilled into a keychain for a caption contest. Rice? Yeah. But still cool.

PocketBomber

Jic magic front lower bar came in. Conversion mount is in. Probably gonna snap some random pictures today. Gonna be needing nice snow tires soon so contemplating pulling the tires off the sunflowers and riding those tires on the BBSs now that the mismatched shitty tires are off. Well see.
Antenna removed. Loving that being out of the way.

PocketBomber

Also aem intake, greddy exhaust installed along with the battery strap and the oil cap I got cheap. Little bit at a time :)
Might throw some tacky decals on the back window and rebadge it Honda today. Have the badges sitting around. Front and rear H are genuine oem, the Honda itself for the rear is eBay cheap crap.