My Current Side Project - 1998 Honda CRV - V-Sauce inside

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Figured I would post this up because i have never tackled something like this before...i will try to post updates as i remember them 8) This is my friend's car that we are working on at my garage.

Vehicle: 1998 Honda CRV Auto with AWD option.

Here are some pics:

AND LOOK WHAT IT CAME WITH!! B20/Vtec!!

Here is after partial dis-assembly.

And this is what we are going to be doing with it...

Taking the Vtec head off for now and putting an LS head on it - still with the automatic transmission.
After searching, you really cannot tune off of an automatic ECU, so my friend will be buying an manual transmission AWD in the coming months, and after that we will be putting a VTEC motor in it - not really sure which one yet - hes got a another b20/vtec at his house, a semi-built GSR, and also has the VTEC head it came with so we have lots of options.

Once we put the motor in it we will be running it with Hondata and getting it tuned.

Also be putting some better tires on it, and since it is built on integra suspension - the sky is the limit on if we wanna drop it or go for the off-road look.

Anywase - thought it would be cool to share...

comments welcome...

-Kyle

R13

The other asshole
Your.. garage.. is.. dope!

Can't wait to see the progress :thumbs up

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Your.. garage.. is.. dope!

Can't wait to see the progress :thumbs up
Thanks! I'm excited for my friend - it might inspire my next car lol

I just bought a house and my garage is a work in progress - but it will be really nice come spring - got some plans for it :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Last edited:

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Since it already has the b20/v and awd you swap all that stuff over to the teg!
Lol not a bad idea - It would be a big undertaking - plus I'm sure my friend would not be happy when he finds his car with no drivetrain haha

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Soooooo.......hit a snag on this whole thing - we went to take the head off and most of the head studs came out as if they had not been torqued down....so my thinking is "this guy is an idiot - we will torque them down properly once the time comes".

We get the b20 head read to be put on and start to put in the ARP head studs and they don't feel like they are going in properly....

we take some of the studs out and guess what....the aluminum threads came with it from the block! uggghhhhh!!! Guy must of cross threaded them before hand and we had no idea of knowing....

We are going to get a tap and die set, try to clean the threads out and try to salvage what threads are left to hold the motor together...if that doesn't pan out this car might be sitting in my garage a lot longer than what I thought cuz my friend might have to get a new block...

Keep you guys posted on what happens - we are going to try to tackle it this week...

96LSteg

Jemel
Soooooo.......hit a snag on this whole thing - we went to take the head off and most of the head studs came out as if they had not been torqued down....so my thinking is "this guy is an idiot - we will torque them down properly once the time comes".

We get the b20 head read to be put on and start to put in the ARP head studs and they don't feel like they are going in properly....

we take some of the studs out and guess what....the aluminum threads came with it from the block! uggghhhhh!!! Guy must of cross threaded them before hand and we had no idea of knowing....

We are going to get a tap and die set, try to clean the threads out and try to salvage what threads are left to hold the motor together...if that doesn't pan out this car might be sitting in my garage a lot longer than what I thought cuz my friend might have to get a new block...

Keep you guys posted on what happens - we are going to try to tackle it this week...
Depending on where you live you guys shouldnt have any issue finding a b20 block....

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I've only seen a couple CRV builds. They are bad ass to say the least. Good luck on the project.

96LSteg

Jemel
I've only seen a couple CRV builds. They are bad ass to say the least. Good luck on the project.
At this old shop that I worked at, we had a CRV that we used as a parts car. We threw some lowering springs on it tinted the windows and put a nice set or wheels and tires on it and we drove the hell out of that CRV picking up parts lol It was the same color as the one above as a matter of fact.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
At this old shop that I worked at, we had a CRV that we used as a parts car. We threw some lowering springs on it tinted the windows and put a nice set or wheels and tires on it and we drove the hell out of that CRV picking up parts lol It was the same color as the one above as a matter of fact.

Nice! Yeah it should be cool once it's all done

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
make it a 5 speed sleeper lol
Oh definitely - he has a b20/vtec at his house that is just sitting there that make 213 whp - we wanna mate that to a 5 spd tranny - and with the AWD - it will be really awesome!

drop it and put some wheels on it - good to go!

96LSteg

Jemel
Oh definitely - he has a b20/vtec at his house that is just sitting there that make 213 whp - we wanna mate that to a 5 spd tranny - and with the AWD - it will be really awesome!

drop it and put some wheels on it - good to go!
in for this build!

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
in for this build!
Nice! stay tuned - im sure we will get the b20 together soon just so he can drive it - most likely we wont swap the 5 speed and motor till spring once it is nicer out.

right now he just wants to drive it so he doesn't have to drive his CRX in the winter.

He actually bought my Red CRX from me lol - its in my sig as 1991 Honda CRX Si I believe.