Corksport Aluminum Shifter Bushings
Modified Shifter Cables
Motorcraft Full Synthetic Fluid

Suspension:
Mazdaspeed Struts
Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
Corksport Mid Chassis Braces
Sure Motorsport Front/Rear Sway Bar Bushings
OEM Wheels with Michelin Pilot Super Sport 225/40/18 (summer)
TireRack Pink Steelies with General Altimax Arctic Studdable 205/60/16 (winter)

Brakes:
Hawk HPS Pads
Mazdaspeed Rotors
ATE TYP 200 Brake Fluid

Interior:
Grand Touring Interior with Red Deviated Stitching
Bose Premium Sound System
Broadway BW145 270mm Blue Mirror
Whistler Pro-3600 Remote Radar/Laser System
Lucky Coy Dangler

Exterior:
LLumar ATR Tint
Meguiars Ultimate Products
Pinnacle Diamond Sealant

Mazdaspeed 3
MZR 2.3 DISI
Mazdaspeed 3
Winter Prepped

Last edited:

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
I love these cars. There's some on base and they're just badass cars, especially the one with the straight pipe. Hearing that turbo spool...such a good sound

zack11122

I thought it was all stock :lol: i love these. I drive a mazda 3 to Oklahoma and back. Best riding car I've ridden in.

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Yeah. If I decide to just get a newish car after I deploy, then a mazdaspeed 3 is definitely one of my top choices, along with the wrx. The focus st just doesn't do it for me.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Yeah. If I decide to just get a newish car after I deploy, then a mazdaspeed 3 is definitely one of my top choices, along with the wrx. The focus st just doesn't do it for me.
Yea I took an ST for a drive. I think as a daily driver it might be nicer IF you don't mind loosing that driving edge. It's definitely quieter, and softer ride, and the numbers claim it to be faster, but it felt a lot looser and less connected; I enjoy the MS3 more.

That interior shot is flawless! How did you light that?
Thanks man. Let see, I bounced one strobe on the dash off a white board that was against the front windshield, I stuck a white board on the ceiling right above the seats and bounced a strobe from the back seat into that, and then I wanted to light that speaker so I put a little white board on the ground in the passenger foot well and stuck a small strobe down there to bounce it into the speaker. I kinda overdid that one but my battery died before I could adjust it better so I said the hell with it.

I shot it at 18mm and f11. I wish I had a wider lens but I don't usually use anything that wide, so I haven't felt the need to cough up that much cash yet

Last edited:

treeafodo

Austin
Do you happen to have a link to the whiteboard and strobes? I want to purchase lighting equipment. I've also been looking at purchasing a sigma 10-20. $500 isn't too bad for the reviews I've read, but that's 500 I could put into car.

Sorry for the thread jack.

Edit: when I'm at it how did you light the second shot? I don't know much about lighting or editing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Do you happen to have a link to the whiteboard and strobes? I want to purchase lighting equipment. I've also been looking at purchasing a sigma 10-20. $500 isn't too bad for the reviews I've read, but that's 500 I could put into car.

Sorry for the thread jack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just go to Hobby Lobby and buy pieces of foam core, or if I need something more flexible I'll just get poster board.

As for lighting equipment it depends what you shoot with. I have a bunch of old Minolta flashes cause I shoot Sony. I pick them up cheap from KEH camera and Amazon when I see them; $20-$50 each depending on model. If you shoot Nikon and want to get into strobes I recommend getting some SB-24s; they'll sync up great and are under $50 a piece, great flashes to use in manual mode. And for triggering I started using Phottix Ares triggers; they are way cheaper than Pocket Wizards and have been every bit as reliable for me.

Wide angle lenses are expensive, I've used that lens your referring to on a d7100. It's a nicely built lens, distortion is heavy but I think that's expected and it's easily correctable. For me it's kind of a wonky focal length, major perspective and size distortion, but it's fun to well just have fun with. My friend makes some pretty amazing shots with it!

Last edited:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Edit: when I'm at it how did you light the second shot? I don't know much about lighting or editing.
Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it!
No problem. The second shot is a little more complicated to explain. So think about the surface you are trying to light. Metal is highly reflective, so if you shoot a flash at it, it's just gonna bounce off and you'll probably be left with a hot spot where the light source hit. You can't just flash it and have it light, so you need to light whatever the metal is going to reflect. If you ever see a professional car shoot they have huge sheets hanging everywhere to reflect into the paint.

Anyway I wanted it to look like it had fangs sort of :lol: so I just shot two strobes into two pieces of foam core and aligned them how I wanted them to look. I blocked the light from going where I didn't want it and that was it. Well maybe that wasn't all of it, but it's a step in the right direction ;)

Last edited: