Kyle's New 2 Wheeled Project - 2014 Honda Grom

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Just picked up this 2014 Honda Grom 125 with 500 miles on it.

100% stock (for now 8))

I wanted something that would get me to work in the summer time and something that I could have a lot of fun with. This is my first motorcycle as well but ive ridden a couple CBR's in the past.

I have a fender eliminator kit sitting here waiting for install.
Then will be buying an intake, exhaust, and programmer.

Here is a pic for the time being!

Last edited:

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
So.... Is this gonna get a bunch of Composimo parts? :mrgreen:

lol I dont know maybe.... i wanna get some more performance out of it before I go low like that.
Do you drive yours all around town? Doesnt look like there is a lot of ground clearance.

-Kyle

94RS

No fucks given.
That's not mine :lol: I know guys with Groms and Ruckus' that are about that height, but my Cub (jump back to the bike thread) looks like a cross between a scoot and an old dirt bike :lol:

Little tip though, don't expect too much out of performance. I met a Honda motorcycle technician a few weeks ago that has 10k in his Grom. The thing looks damn near stock and does about 83mph. It pulled harder than a stock Grom, but still got outran by a swapped Ruckus.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
That's not mine :lol: I know guys with Groms and Ruckus' that are about that height, but my Cub (jump back to the bike thread) looks like a cross between a scoot and an old dirt bike :lol:

Little tip though, don't expect too much out of performance. I met a Honda motorcycle technician a few weeks ago that has 10k in his Grom. The thing looks damn near stock and does about 83mph. It pulled harder than a stock Grom, but still got outran by a swapped Ruckus.
Yeah i dont expect much out of it either. I figured intake, exhaust and programmer and hopefully hit around 65ish. I am fine with that as i wont take it on the highway.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Oh, then you should be able to hit that no problem. Even stock, just not against the wind :lol:

Great place for parts: http://japan.webike.net/HONDA/MSX125(GROM)/6371/mtop/
Ill check them out looks like a good site.

I got my tidy tail installed last night, ordered a new headlight bulb and prolly be ordering new mirrors and crash bungs. I figure this is my first bike - i hope i dont lay it down but its always a possibility considering how most people drive now. Figure i have to go more defensive than offensive.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
did the little DIY intake modification.

Taking off the screened back on the filter and turning the snorkel around.
Then drilling holes in the fairing for cold air.

Also bought a new bulb, and axle sliders.
Going to be getting the frame sliders soon...

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER

94RS

No fucks given.
Look through RevZilla, CycleGear and Motorcycle Superstore's websites. They have a bunch of closeouts since it's a new year. You might be able to pick up some decent stuff at half price :thumbs up