ramblin_wreck08's Integra GS-R

ramblin_wreck08

Curves > Straights
Figured it was about time to start my "build" thread. I use the term "build" lightly, as I don't plan on modifying the car too heavily.

I've had the car for about a month and a half, but haven't had a chance to work on her all that much. I'm in college and far from the garage. Finish up finals on Friday, and am looking forward to finally being able to get to work over winter break.

I looked for about 3 years before finally finding the car for me. About a year into the search I almost bought a different GS-R but it just didn't feel right. A year after that I almost bought a '98 Prelude SH. Glad I held out. It was a LONG wait to say the least. Lots of patience and many hours of searching paid off, as I got everything I wanted in the car.

About the car:
1999 Integra GS-R
120k miles
Milano Red

Mods:
DC Sports Short Ram Intake w/ K&N filter (on car when purchased)
Pioneer DEH-380MP Head Unit (on car when purchased)

This is my daily driver, but I plan on autocrossing next year. Would also like to go to a track day or two next year. Want to keep the car reliable and comfortable, but fast enough to put up good times at autocross competitions. I can't lower it or I couldn't get into our steep driveway. Already scrape a little bit as-is. Want the car to be a true sleeper. Everything will be understated. Less bling. More go.

Planned future mods:
Alarm - as soon as I get out for winter break Done!
Tinting - as soon as I get out for winter break Done!
ASR rear subframe brace - black
ITR 22mm rear sway bar
Some decent tires (currently running Bridgestone Potenza re92 on the front and General Exclaim UHP on the rear FTL. Previous owner :roll:) Done! (205/50/15 Kumho Ecsta XS)

Here's a few shots the day after I got her:

The first thing to go was that license plate frame...which left me with holes (have been plugged since I last took pictures)

After a first cleaning:

One of the gauge cluster lights was out so I went ahead and replaced all of the main lights in the cluster

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Cripton805

Beautiful GSR :worthy:

I have a really clean one too and I waited a really long time to find it as well.
Mine's a Milano Red 95 though.

I want to keep mine as stock as possible too. The temptation is killing me...

ramblin_wreck08

Curves > Straights
Beautiful GSR :worthy:

I have a really clean one too and I waited a really long time to find it as well.
Mine's a Milano Red 95 though.

I want to keep mine as stock as possible too. The temptation is killing me...
Thanks! :D

Yeah I remember seeing a couple of pictures of yours in the JDM vs USDM engine thread. Your car is CLEAN. Really jealous of how nice your paint looks. Hopefully mine will look that good after a session with the clay bar.

Yep. The temptation is a killer. Found myself looking at full coilovers the other day despite scraping getting in and out of the driveway as is :roll:

Cripton805

Thanks! :D

Yeah I remember seeing a couple of pictures of yours in the JDM vs USDM engine thread. Your car is CLEAN. Really jealous of how nice your paint looks. Hopefully mine will look that good after a session with the clay bar.

Yep. The temptation is a killer. Found myself looking at full coilovers the other day despite scraping getting in and out of the driveway as is :roll:
Same here. My driveway is killer! I had to manuever different ways in order to get in with my old DA. Don't worry about the paint. I'm going to wait a while before I repaint. I think it's pointless to repaint something that has clean paint already unless rust is coming through. Your paint looks fine :thumbs up
People don't realize how difficult it is to find a clean title GSR anymore and I too almost was going to get a Prelude SH. "weird". I even almost settled for an LS, RSX-S, 350z, or G35. I didn't want payments though.

I'm jelous of the blades. People seem to sell them too expensive around my area w/ nasty curb rash and expect $300-$400 with no tires. lmao

I do want to do bolt ons though and suspension. My girlfriend is bugging me to do the ITR front conversion or she says my car looks wack haha. She wants a JDM'd out DC2

Last edited:

Jack Rot

Integra's need a drop to look proper!!, carry some wooden planks in your car to get up steep driveways! ;)

and as for cripton goes.....dont do the ITR conversion...its whaaack! lol

Cripton805

Integra's need a drop to look proper!!, carry some wooden planks in your car to get up steep driveways! ;)

Go post that on Honda-Tech and see what happens lol...

HATER TECH! Damn I'm stating to hate that website soo much!

Cripton805

I actually like it, but the USDM front end is soooo sexy as it is. :p

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Back to the topic then :p

Super clean interior! I got the leather Gs-R, but when it was stolen before I bought it, they took the leather seats; so now I have Eg fronts. :oops:
I'll keep an eye out for more of this one :thumbs up

ramblin_wreck08

Curves > Straights
Update: I've spent the start of my winter break on detailing the car. 3-stage clay bar/wax, back-to black for the trim, and a full-on interior detail (including taking a brush and cleaning out every single crevice in the car). So far I'm about 8 hours in, and have only done the clay bar/wax on about half of it, and have only fully detailed the trunk and passenger-side rear seat. It's gonna take a lot of patience to go all the way through the car, but I'm determined to get out every single piece of dirt from top to bottom, inside and out. I even cleaned off the gas cap and the whole gas door/compartment/thing...whatever it's called. Lol

Taking a long time but it's worth it. The parts I've done with the clay bar/wax are like glass. I'll post some pics when I finish. :thumbs up: I'll be lucky if I keep my sanity all the way through the process. :lol:

Last edited:

JGvtec

Update: I've spent the start of my winter break on detailing the car. 3-stage clay bar/wax, back-to black for the trim, and a full-on interior detail (including taking a brush and cleaning out every single crevice in the car). So far I'm about 8 hours in, and have only done the clay bar/wax on about half of it, and have only fully detailed the trunk and passenger-side rear seat. It's gonna take a lot of patience to go all the way through the car, but I'm determined to get out every single piece of dirt from top to bottom, inside and out. I even cleaned off the gas cap and the whole gas door/compartment/thing...whatever it's called. Lol

Taking a long time but it's worth it. The parts I've done with the clay bar/wax are like glass. I'll post some pics when I finish. :thumbs up: I'll be lucky if I keep my sanity all the way through the process. :lol:
I better see good results Josh! :lol: If your car has never been done before im sure it would take a while to get it in tip top shape. Hopefully everything is coming along! Im in for the updates. Keep it going man. ;)