PROBLEM: driver side won't unlock/open so I can't open to fix!! WTF

[J.Wolfe]

WIDE|LOW|SLOW
so basically for the past year the driver side door has had problems with unlocking. it most of the time will not unlock from the outside, and will not from the inside. the remote and lock switch inside the car will unlock it but the doors precede to lock back up because of the driverside door not wanting to fully unlock. now the problem has gotten to the point where it will not unlock for good.

i am pretty sure that whatever hook inside the door panel that latches and unlatches the door has come loose BUT i cant get the damn door open in the first place to even work on it... im completely lost as to what i can do.

ive tried working with what i can while the door is closed looking at the latch system at the point of the door handle inside, but its not there where the problem is.

someone please help me because im tired of getting in the passenger side and look completely stupid.

thanks

Justin

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
i had the same problem.

i sprayed lube in the door latch/lock mechanism. it worked for a while but it froze up again.

for some reason, after i switched over to keyless handles, it never did that again :what:

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
Db handles ftw! I had same issue with previous teg and it was the acuator going bad. Have had no issues with it on this teg, but I have db8 handles on it like coy :p

[J.Wolfe]

WIDE|LOW|SLOW
where is the mechanism? cause i cant get to much of anything besides the little space where the handle and lock is. this just seems like i cant do anything w/o getting the door open again. ugh i knew this would happen but i figured i would have fixed it before hand. fuck

Cripton805

[J.Wolfe];759711 said:
where is the mechanism? cause i cant get to much of anything besides the little space where the handle and lock is. this just seems like i cant do anything w/o getting the door open again. ugh i knew this would happen but i figured i would have fixed it before hand. fuck
Ive never tried removing the panel with the door closed. It might be possible.
Then pull the little lever wire and it should unlock. Theres this tiny little plastic bracket in there that is extremely sensitive. That could of broken and that is why you cant unlock it. Now that I think about it, its very likely. Ive taken my car apart completely and i had issues with them when you take the panels off

[J.Wolfe]

WIDE|LOW|SLOW
yea i cant get the panel off because one of them screws is on the side of the dash. and yea i know the exact thing you are talking about, the metal wire/rod is not attached right, but either way it wont open. its somewhere further down inside the door i feel because it makes the noise of unlocking when i pull the door handle and noting happens. i tried pulling the wire and whatnot as much as i could but to no avail.

Cripton805

Take off the plastic over the handle. You might be able to access it. Or maybe with one of those special hooks

mirrorimg

Read about an issue someone had like this on T-I.net. Dont know if he ever got the issue resolved. Worst case... you cut the door panel to get a chunk of it off. Then get a replacement panel after you fix the problem.

[J.Wolfe]

WIDE|LOW|SLOW
i think ive figured out my best bet... i need to get someone that has the hooks the police and door poppers use when you lock yours keys in the car... then it will be open for me to work on. now i just need to find it without having to pay the company to drive out and do it for me.

ericw.

if you have sprint or AT&T they offer emergency assistance for $5 a month extra on your bill and they send someone to you for free to unlock doors/bring gas/tow you a certain amount of distance.

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
I actually had to open my door by pushing the lock by hand to open door.but if you can't do that I'd get a cop to shimmy open you door. Gl justin