stretching tires

BeatBox

Real Good!
i dig it to a point, those two last pics ^ ^ ^ ^

if it requires to to all that BS in the video posted then the tire doesnt belong on the wheel IMO at work we have whats called a "cheeta" a small air tank that we used when tires are a little smaller than the wheel it blast air into the tire to make it seat on the wheel, coy's looks good even a little more stretched is still decent but too stretched=EPIC FAIL

[J.Wolfe]

WIDE|LOW|SLOW
i can shed some light on the situation... to be honest stretching tires isnt that un safe whatsoever. you know people DRIFT with stretched tires sense the beginning of time? and one benefit not said thus far is that it clears up a lot of room inside the wheel wells to allow for lower stances without the rubbing issues

i have 205's on 9" wide wheels and its considered a "normal" clean looking stretch. depending on the specs i can recommend a size for you.

i DD this on not the best roads and i worry zero about safety issues. its perfectly fine and got them installed at a shop. it wasnt any old tire rack but a typical import shop. they mounted no problems.

Last edited:

DC4twokone

Resident Hoodrat
Stretching tires is mainly for fitment now but, it started in the drifting crowd. This is because stretched tires give a stiffer sidewall, making it easier to slide/hold drifts. Too a degree it can be beneficial, but the type of tire is a big key.

[J.Wolfe];759335 said:
i can shed some light on the situation... to be honest stretching tires isnt that un safe whatsoever. you know people DRIFT with stretched tires sense the beginning of time? and one benefit not said thus far is that it clears up a lot of room inside the wheel wells to allow for lower stances without the rubbing issues

i have 205's on 9" wide wheels and its considered a "normal" clean looking stretch. depending on the specs i can recommend a size for you.

i DD this on not the best roads and i worry zero about safety issues. its perfectly fine and got them installed at a shop. it wasnt any old tire rack but a typical import shop. they mounted no problems.

This car is fucking sick, This is exactly the route ive been going. Unfortunately i dont have any professional pictures of it. Wheel/Tire sizes and specs?

Bizzyb

B18C1 lover
[J.Wolfe];759335 said:

Wish I knew what size tire and rim this is, exactly the look I like, too sick!!!!

rockadilla

thats right.
dont especially love the look but some cars can pull it off, some cant IMO

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I usually go by what the manufacturer says it fits. But stance isn't that important to me.

michaelz

[J.Wolfe];759335 said:

you can clealy see the rim of the wheels. way too much stretch and very little function other than to satisfy that hellaflush stance crowd.

if you want that look then sure, i'm sure you can roll around the streets pretty safely. for those of use who want to race our cars around a track we need all the grip we can get. stretched like that is like racing with a handicap. just because you can roll around the streets like that doesn't mean it's a good setup.

[J.Wolfe]

WIDE|LOW|SLOW
^^ ofcourse your going to see the side of the lip when the tire is moved away from the lip... common sense. my "rim" isnt showing at all.

and i didn't do this to satisfy anyone's wants or needs. just because it falls under a title the people gave it doesn't mean i intend to build my car for those indivituals. i do what i want for me. having a look that i achieved is not seen often on integras and for me personally i love the style. dont bash or hate a trend because every thing done to a car at one point or another was a fad... you can have your opinion on a style or look but its another thing to criticize...

just my .02 on the convo above

the specs are 16x9 +25 front and +15 rear with 205/40/16s all around.

Last edited:

DC4twokone

Resident Hoodrat
It's not a fad for me either, when i was real young i used to take wheels off my RC and model cars, sharpie the back of the face either black or silver, and mount them reverse-sided because i loved the dish look when wheels were flush with the body. and i hated sunken wheels.