Auto to Manual Swap

Jeffbel

Ok I'm talked into doing the swap don't try to get me out of it. I'm doing mainly because I only have 11k miles on this engine. I need your guys and girls help with parts, advice, write ups, etc... I will fully document the whole thing so it can be a sticky.

First off: Parts List and where to buy
Second: Equipment Needed (Special Tools, Holders)
Third: Advice and Write Ups

Thanks ahead of time

Cripton805

Search the forums. I think it's been DIY before on this site. I know its been asked a lot though.

The thing that throws me off its the whole clutch assembly, cutting the firewall, etc...
Honestly I would get an Integra with a blown motor cheap and transffering eveything over.

It will be easier since just about all the parts you need, you will have. It might even be cheaper than buying piece by piece. It's definately not for a beginner.

Diggumz

Wouldn't it just be cheaper to buy a Manual Teg?
But hey it'll be a learning experience.

Jeffbel

I am going to do the swap no matter what, but idk where to buy and what to buy. Help with Parts?

Jabes

I have the pedal assembly, slave cylinder, clutch lines and other lil s*** that you need for making it manual from my old teg that I might be interested in selling. its honestly a pain you gotta use a hole saw to drill out the firewall. pretty much remove the whole dash and everything and then run all the lines and get a auto to manual transmission mount and a transmission thats gauranteed to be good is hard to find for cheap and almost if your not going to be able to do the job yourself your probably gonna end up spending 1,000 in labor just to get it put in.

Its doable but like other people said. if you can find a manual teg with a blow engine itll be easier and cheaper than doing the conversion and you just drop in your low milage engine and youll be golden

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
buy another teg with a blown motor, missing the motor, or just really cheap that is/was a 5 speed, then you have 2 options, drop your engine into a 5speed or use the 5 speed shell as a guide to make your auto as accurate as possible, with buying the 5 speed integra, you should have all of the parts you will need