exhaust diameter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ominus

Hi guys I have a question what diameter exhaust is better for my setup i have aem v2,chip and oem exhaust header thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rockadilla

thats right.
same, anything bigger then 60mm and u will probably lose a little bit of power. like 1 hp lol but unless ur car is BUILT then u might wanna get a 2.5 inch, or if u wanna go turbo then get a 3"

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
for any B series you want a 2.25" or 2.36" exhaust, this is until you hit the 190whp range as this seems to be the limit for the 2.36" exhaust after that you will need a 2.5"

ominus

the owner before me he has install 70 mm diameter exhaust and i think the car in low with middle rpm is not rev very well and in dyno has 19 kg torque and 203 bhp and 173 whp it is good what you think?my opinion is not good

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
thats good for what you have, your exhaust is holding it back if you have a 3" 70mm one. do you have a Type R motor? Cause no chip would give you 30bhp

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I'm going to take a guess that since he is measuring torque in kg he is not local, so his b18c is the type r version, not a b18c1. If this is the case you should look at getting a 2.5 inch exhaust.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I'm going to take a guess that since he is measuring torque in kg he is not local, so his b18c is the type r version, not a b18c1. If this is the case you should look at getting a 2.5 inch exhaust.
really? stock type R is only 2.25" i thought exhaust diamiter was dependent on build and WHP.

yes i have type-r motor b18c
Okay, i suggest a ITR B pipe or 60mm exhaust

ominus

thanks very much guys tomorow morning i will go for 2.50 inch exhaust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!