Brakes are being weird. HELP ME PLEASE.

diamondfuzz

I have a 1994 LS. After short drive through the mountains I noticed a spongy brake pedal. Pedal would also go to floor at complete stop while holding brake pedal down.So I....
-Changed fluid
-Installed Russel Speed Bleeders
-Bled System

Pedal was still doing the same thing. So I...
-Installed new Master Cylinder
-Bench bled the new MC and bled the system again

Pedal still spongy, but doesn't seem to sink to floor anymore. So I...
-Installed new brake booster
-Bled ABS System and Brake System

STILL SPONGY, went for test drive and noticed my front right caliper smoking and scores on the rotor. Is this related to the problem? IDK. But I also noticed my bleeder screws were leaking. So I....
-Installed New Russel Speed Bleeders (No leaks this time)
-Installed 2nd New Master Cylinder and bench bled it
-Bled Brake System againnnnnnnnn (NO BUBBLES)

STILL SPONGY :angryred:

So I'm basically out of ideas on what could be the problem. Can anyone help me out?

Noneed2Hate

This might seem like a silly question, is the spring on the back of your pedal good? Also have you checked your brake pads etc?

diamondfuzz

Can't seem to locate a spring on my brake pedal? Is it possible for brake calipers to have some sort of leak? Could the caliper that caused the rotor to smoke (also score the rotor) be the problem?

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
Check for a leak at your calipers, due to the safety risk associated with this, if you cant figure it out, I might consider taking the car to a mechanic

diamondfuzz

Well I replaced both front calipers because it seemed like both had some minor leakage from the piston. My brakes work better now. But the pedal still feels soft. It seems like the pedal is only firm when you press it down far. But if you're lightly braking, it's soft.

Could my lines be really old and are flexing when I hit the brakes? Should I consider Stainless steel braided brake lines? Or is something else the problem? Thank you for helping out.

SoundEfx

It seems as if you changed everything else in your brake system, so might as well get rid of those 22 year old rubber lines.

Let us know if that helped.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
what pads are you running? did you adjust the pin from the booster to the pedal to be in spec? have you done a nut and bolt check on your brake system?