bogging, rpm drop

j13

Keep It Clean
Sup everyone! Well I'm having a problem that I thought was fixed, it come back! *This thread explains everything* http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=47912

I was having problems with a sudden rpm drop during driving. It will bog out and have power loss.

I put my oem air intake back to see if that was my problem but it wasn't. So I bought a new o2 sensor and my problem went away! It ran fine and no more bogging, no power loss or anything. I put my Cold air intake back in, and now I'm getting the same problem!

Do you think my new o2 sensor might have burn out?
Would a CAI cause an o2 sensor to burn?
Is there anything else I could check, that would cause this?
PVC vavle?

I need some help with this badly. My miles per gallon is horrible.

I'm at a total loss with this problem, I did research on it and did trouble shooting on what it could be.

Thanks for any clues or advice in advance

David.95LS

Delwarian
does it do it after you are idling for a while? i have the same problem with my jdm b20, when i start going it will bog out and i have to push in the clutch and rev it a little bit for it to get going again, but it also only happens to me when my car is warmed up?l but yeah im def subscribing to see what is going on

j13

Keep It Clean
does it do it after you are idling for a while? i have the same problem with my jdm b20, when i start going it will bog out and i have to push in the clutch and rev it a little bit for it to get going again, but it also only happens to me when my car is warmed up?l but yeah im def subscribing to see what is going on
Yes, when it is completly warmed up ill be cruising at 1800-2000rpm (4spd) then all of a sudden my rpm's will drop down to 1200 with my foot on the gas, ill push the gas and the rpm's don't want to go up! Then it would snap out of that mode and go back to 1800-2000 cruising rpm's....I am puzzled on what it could be...

I loved my car after I changed my o2...it ran like a champ. Now...man...it sucks.

j13

Keep It Clean
Maybe the PVC valve?

Maybe a clogged fuel filter?

I don't know if these things would cuase this..

Any ideas?

Afireinside

Sounds like plugs or wires! Or maybe even coil or module. If your plugs or wires are questionable then I would replace them first and go from there. Cap and rotor wouldnt hurt either but it doesnt sound like thats the problem.
Good luck

j13

Keep It Clean
Sounds like plugs or wires! Or maybe even coil or module. If your plugs or wires are questionable then I would replace them first and go from there. Cap and rotor wouldnt hurt either but it doesnt sound like thats the problem.
Good luck
Sup AFI, I haven't changed my wires yet but I have changed my plugs lol ill do more stuff next month.

I'm trying to gather as much stuff to change at ince. I'm going to buy everything that involves maintanance.

I wanna get atleast 25MPG. I'm getting around 15-17MPG and it stinks. And I know this bogging loss of power is the problem. Its running VERY rich :(

So far I'm going to change:
Roter/cap, plug wires, fuel filter, PVC valve. I'm not changing these things in hope to cure my problem, I'm changing them because I know they need to be replaced. What else should I change? Thanks in advance.

codybob33

check and see what code is pops, could be your map sensor to. mine did it to me the other day, cruisin in 4th around like 2 grand, i went to third to pass this dude and it bogged out, i dont think the sensor likes to switch to aftermarkets lol.

j13

Keep It Clean
check and see what code is pops, could be your map sensor to. mine did it to me the other day, cruisin in 4th around like 2 grand, i went to third to pass this dude and it bogged out, i dont think the sensor likes to switch to aftermarkets lol.
Thanks cody! For sure ill check it out today, see if I could have it tested or something.

Yeah that's what I'm wondering also...do other people get this when they simply change the intake?!

Is your car a 4-speed or 5-speed?

j13

Keep It Clean
check your fuel pressure
Do I need to rent or buy a fuel gauge?

Also I should ad, the other night me and a buddy jumped on the freeway late at night and I NEVER open my car up...but damn..we were flying. I noticed that I always had to have my phucking foot mashed down.
With other cars I've always had light pressure on the gas and let the gears do the work. But with my teg I had an ass load of pressure mashing the gas down! I don't know of this is normal...