Samurai Blue's Integra Build

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
So future plans on this car still remain more seat time, and im going to do gauges. Primarily because i would like to know about the temp, and pressure of certain things, rather than remain ignorant. Plus the more you know...

Ive decided on AutoMeter gauges as well as the tripple A pillar gauge pod. Quad Pod bezel styles do not allow for 3 gauges. Also putting them where the cruise control and dimmer is not an option because i can not really see there. A pillar makes the most sense to me. Its about seeing it without having to crane your neck, which i think is near impossible when im strapped in.

Prep for the Grip Drift Skid event by Static Nine Garage includes:
Transmission fluid flush. Im going with Motul Gear 300.
fresh oil

this post was made in china using Taptalk2

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I guess. I also need to get a better understanding of my motor while I'm beating it in the summer. I literally don't know my oil temp or anything which is a bit concerning when I'm on track.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Just shitting, And yeah that could be a issue haha

No worries. I'm not exactly in the best mood right now. It's also people don't realize that gauges are there for a reason. Fast and the furious kind of killed that vibe.

speedin

The Transporter
No worries. I'm not exactly in the best mood right now. It's also people don't realize that gauges are there for a reason. Fast and the furious kind of killed that vibe.
They really are. I cant tell you how many times I have used my gauges to diagnose and fix problems before they happen. Or to determine the health of the car after some odd noise or behavior on long trips. I really want to have a few more (fuel pressure, oil temp, and IAT) but feel its too much. So I am actually looking into tablet carputers as an option and doing a full integration. Definitely cleaner, and there are nice programs out there that can be programed for warnings and automatically display trouble gauges on screen as they approach a warning zone. OBD2 tegs should be able to pull it off, not sure about OBD1.

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
They really are. I cant tell you how many times I have used my gauges to diagnose and fix problems before they happen. Or to determine the health of the car after some odd noise or behavior on long trips. I really want to have a few more (fuel pressure, oil temp, and IAT) but feel its too much. So I am actually looking into tablet carputers as an option and doing a full integration. Definitely cleaner, and there are nice programs out there that can be programed for warnings and automatically display trouble gauges on screen as they approach a warning zone. OBD2 tegs should be able to pull it off, not sure about OBD1.
Hmm I never looked at gauges this way. Thanks:)

Nick_C78

So, to you they were just cosmetic? They monitor the health of your motor...if you notice some of your readings are out of the ordinary you know you have a problem...each gauge monitors a specific thing...which pinpoints the problem...which again that is the sole purpose of them.

Take your basic water temp gauge. It is only there for you to keep an eye on your temperatures in case something goes wrong. When your motor is running too hot you know something is wrong with your cooling system...that is a diagnosis...

Anyways...What gauges do you plan on getting dylan? Ignore the idiots who say its ricer. Let them blow their shit up. It is only ricer if the gauges don't work.

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
So, to you they were just cosmetic? They monitor the health of your motor...if you notice some of your readings are out of the ordinary you know you have a problem...each gauge monitors a specific thing...which pinpoints the problem...which again that is the sole purpose of them.

Take your basic water temp gauge. It is only there for you to keep an eye on your temperatures in case something goes wrong. When your motor is running too hot you know something is wrong with your cooling system...that is a diagnosis...

Anyways...What gauges do you plan on getting dylan? Ignore the idiots who say its ricer. Let them blow their shit up. It is only ricer if the gauges don't work.
Obviously-_- I believe you missed my point, but never mind it's all good:)