Tree's...Roadster?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
No man, Mazda Motorsport Program. If you qualify by attending a couple events a year you get really awesome discounts on Mazda parts.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
2 is a couple! :D You could also do track days, rally cross, time trials, or any other event. As long as it's something you register for and can show proof it will get you in.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
the type of event will limit what you can get though. I believe doing auto x will allow you to buy everything but body pannels.

treeafodo

Austin
Wow. That is awesome! I'm assuming I need to do it in the Mazda and not the Integra?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
the type of event will limit what you can get though. I believe doing auto x will allow you to buy everything but body pannels.
Yea there's minor limitations but I don't think anything that would matter. However you're right, the only way to get body panels is if you're doing wheel to wheel racing events.

treeafodo

Austin
I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the info!

I put in a bit of work today towards prep for regrinding and polishing all the valves.

Before:
Dirty Valves by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Dirty Valves by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

After:
Clean by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Clean by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

I also installed the ARP rod bolts to measure them for new bearings.
ARP 2000 Rod Bolts Installed by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
ARP 2000 Rod Bolts Installed by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

The heads are now pretty clean.
Clean Heads by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

I also stayed late after school today to help with setting this LSx onto the engine dyno and perform the break in procedure. This one is a stock LS1 Cascar spec engine, so seeing what it will do will be close to my engine. It got me a little bit excited.
LS on Dyno by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

treeafodo

Austin
Have fun lapping the valves, I did 3 vtec heads in a month. That was the worst.
I'm happy this is a 16 valve engine and not a 32. :lol:

Today was the first day of grinding valves.
Valve Grinder by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Put the angled taper on the tip.
Taper by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
And took just enough material off the tip to make them completely flat.
Grinding the Tip by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

I did a little bit more work than this, but the updates and pictures will be posted on Wednesday when I finish it all.

Also, WHEELS ARE SHIPPING TOMORROW!! :D

treeafodo

Austin
The LSx that I posted in my previous post ended up making 498.9 hp. Can't remember the torque, but it was a number close to that. I think it would be safe to say I will have more than that with my set up.

I finished grinding all the exhaust valves today. Just need to clean up the stems now.
Ground Exhaust Valve by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Unfortunately, for whatever odd reason, the margin on the intake valve was tiny! I wouldn't want to put them back in the engine for fear of them burning up. I found a good deal on what claims to be brand new OEM intake valves that were removed from a brand new head and replaced with oversized valves. $32 later and they are on order. I just hope they're as the company claims. They have good feedback, so it shouldn't be an issue.

I also measured the connecting rod bores and everything is well within OEM spec. IAs long as the crank checks out, I will be good to order standard sized bearings.:mrgreen:
Checking Rod Bore by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

I am also having my friend do a port and polish job on my heads for me since I don't have the equipment or time. He did the heads on his LS1 and was able to get them to flow more than LS6 heads. I will post pictures as I receive them.

Ganyon

Looking good man. I wish i had the knowledge, time, and access to all that. I'd love to have a project car.