Painting High Beams Yellow

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
Hey CI friends. I'm going to use the glass paint by krylon to make my high beam lens yellow. I haven't been able to find any actual steps that people have done for doing this. I was going to lightly wet sandbthem and then do two coats of the krylon and then two coats of clear. If any one has done this and can give me some info on how many coats i should do that be great.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Just get a 194 bulb and connector for each high beam.

Paint the 194s yellow.

Get some tie wire and setup a loop that will fit the connector snug where it will plug into the housing.

Heat the wire red hot and stick it onto the headlight housing to cut a hole without filling the housing with dust or debri.

Wire and plug in your new drls.

Bam. Undercover Street cred.

94RS

No fucks given.
Bulb doesn't equal lens..... :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Go vinyl overlay like 94RS posted, Spray fades and burns in the sun, Not something you want. :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Sure you didn't buy a set for 94-97? :lol:

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
I actually just picked up a new set of headlights and so I'm gonna practice using the glass paint on my shit old ones lol

JayVee

2Dr Banger
Detatch the housing by baking and paint inside . My buddy did that to my car which i bought off him . Still no fogging or loss of tone/color .

Sent from my Integra.

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
Just do the vinyl OverLay, You'll thank yourself in the end especially if you plan on changing the look of your overall vehicle. I already did this an you are to cut match the vinyl to your head lights thats why they give you extra or they should give you extra to make it fit and cut off any excess to match.

In the end the painted headlights will look more crappy on your car when your head lights fog up and they need to be cleaned, when if you did the vinyl its better to clean up some messy sticky residue than paint.

Or do the other way and just get yellow bulbs to begin with.