LS chipped po6 need help

jdmshawn

I have a 96 LS with a po6 ecu/jumper harness chipped by pherable.net. it ran fine until I had to go to the inspection. Which cause me to run new o2 sensors in the process I advanced the timing and add new spark plugs non ngk. After that when I try to run the chipped ecu it started up with really rough idle then it cuts off. I bought a stock LS pr4 ecu and the car runs fine. Does anyone know what happen??? Its tuned to run 93 gas if that's any help

jdmshawn

I'm not sure if a circuit burned... But if I set the timing distrubitor back to normal could that work ??

jdmshawn

Phearable told me advancing the timing, o2 sensors and spark plug brand doesn't matter it still should start

Nick_C78

I would pop the cover off and check for burns or a popped out chip as well. Pretty common for the chip to fall out of the pins, just ask Samurai.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I would pop the cover off and check for burns or a popped out chip as well. Pretty common for the chip to fall out of the pins, just ask Samurai.
-___-

this is true but not out of the 28 pin where the "chip" goes. Mine fell out of the 4 pin connector on the side. Phearable basemap chips only use the 28 pin chip.

jdmshawn

Yes I'll check the basemap to make sure it's in place .No burns or anything I'll also take pictures of it. I think the jumper harness is fine

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Your fuel is fine. Did you put the distributor back where it was originally? Put everything back to the original state it was before you messed with it.

jdmshawn

Why even mess with the stock tune if there isn't many mods? All this trouble is for like 5 hp
Because I feel as those the car ran better with that .. It has header exhaust hi flow cat bigger injected 255 fuel pump skunk 2 intake manifold & few other mods

jdmshawn

Your fuel is fine. Did you put the distributor back where it was originally? Put everything back to the original state it was before you messed with it.
Yes I doing that now . but I'm scared to start the car with the other ecu it sounds bad it almost sounds like a car that jumped timing