how much power gain can it be.

justincpowell

1991 Acura Integra GS
lol all it does is put less load on the motor(less belt load can , in theory, allow a motor to have a longer life since it works less.) but otherwise just a weight reduction.

bc1989

i removed my powersteering belt and ac belt feels like it i a little faster not much feels more free i guess but i just changed my intake from cold air to short ram intake sounds louder feels a little different does anyone know how much hp i can gair on cam gears and how to advance them the right way and im looking for 1984- 87 crx struts front and back hit me up

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
wtf, you bump an old thread and then start blabbering about nothing.
It's more for response. Taking weight off the front is important. Take it to the track and try it out

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
i removed my powersteering belt and ac belt feels like it i a little faster not much feels more free i guess but i just changed my intake from cold air to short ram intake sounds louder feels a little different does anyone know how much hp i can gair on cam gears and how to advance them the right way and im looking for 1984- 87 crx struts front and back hit me up
Punctuation is your friend... that hurt my head. The intakes feel different because they make power in different places. Cam gears really won't give you much power, they're kinda just there for higher tuneability, but could net you a couple more, nothing ridiculous though. Every car and build is different so we cannot tell you specifically how to advance and retard them, that's something you or a shop will have to do through trial and error. And what about crx struts?

JobotDestroy

Resident thug
Your thinking of parasitic loss. Whatever your base hp is when these are active (a/c is on or your steering through a parking lot). When you turn your steering get wheel with PS or have the a/c on ever noticed your revs drop slightly for a few seconds. That's the only time your losing power (except a/c parasitic drain is continuous till turned off). The weight of these items is the only thing affecting performace. The parasitic loss of hp is very very small you would never notice it. Keep the a/c and PS unless it's strictly a race vehicle (street racing for does not count no glory there)

Last edited:

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Your thinking of parasitic loss. Whatever your base hp is when these are active (a/c is on or your steering through a parking lot). When you turn your steering get wheel with PS or have the a/c on ever noticed your revs drop slightly for a few seconds. That's the only time your losing power. The weight of these items is the only thing affecting performace. The parasitic loss of hp is very very small you would never notice it. Keep the a/c and PS unless it's strictly a race vehicle (street racing for does not count no glory there)
If you're going to delete those two, then it should be part of a larger process of weight reduction, imo

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Your thinking of parasitic loss. Whatever your base hp is when these are active (a/c is on or your steering through a parking lot). When you turn your steering get wheel with PS or have the a/c on ever noticed your revs drop slightly for a few seconds. That's the only time your losing power. The weight of these items is the only thing affecting performace. The parasitic loss of hp is very very small you would never notice it. Keep the a/c and PS unless it's strictly a race vehicle (street racing for does not count no glory there)
I disagree on the A/C, it's a continuous power sucker, when it's on I lose responsiveness and "power" in every gear and RPM. P/S is a matter of opinion IMO, I like it without it because the feeling of the road is more present from my experience. I don't think I gained any power from removing it though.

JobotDestroy

Resident thug
I disagree on the A/C, it's a continuous power sucker, when it's on I lose responsiveness and "power" in every gear and RPM. P/S is a matter of opinion IMO, I like it without it because the feeling of the road is more present from my experience. I don't think I gained any power from removing it though.
Yes with a/c engaged is a continuous parasitic drain. Should have mentioned that lol. Focused to much on PS. When a/c is on the revs will drop and correct. But,the power loss will continue until a/c is turned off. You'll be nice and cool though 8)

And yea you won't gain power it just takes the parasitic drain off the engine.

Last edited:

maddogg20

I agree. Its not worth it to remove those accessories. When I got my car I had to reinstall all that stuff because the dip$hit who had the car before me didnt just remove it, they cut it out with bolt cutters and a hacksaw. I replaced all my AC components and now it works great. Spinning the compressor clutch when the ac is not turned on literally makes no noticible difference what so ever over having the ac belt off, but when you turn on the A/C its a noticible difference in how fast the engine revs and acceleration, and as for the power steering, it really puts no drain on the engine, the only time it puts a real strain on the motor is when you cut a sharp corner and the pump has to open the internal bypass inside of it. It is NOT worth it to take those accessories off. I LOVE having air when I need it and the difference between on PS and a power steering car is HUGE. My neighbor just bought a 92DA and he has driven my car before and he asked me what the hell was wrong with his steering and I looked and he was missing the PS belt.

Kyle

The ACs in our cars drain some power. So I rarely use my AC, I need as much power as I can get from my wimpy little 4 banger.

j13

Keep It Clean
Taking out the ac/ps just frees up lost power, it's just less stuff the crank has to spin