Ty's '07 Cobalt SS/SC

94RS

No fucks given.
Yes it is. If you look at the Cobalt cover, it's raised in the middle. The Saab cover isn't raised there because of the countersunk screw holes, which I guess makes up for it? It fits exactly the same :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Yeah, well... You know GM. If they can make it cheaper, they will :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Like Ford and their Chinese starters that I've killed 2 of in less than 2 years? :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
I'll always bring this up...

Back when I worked at the Buick dealer, some lady brought on her 07 Buick Lucerne for charging issues. Bad alternator obviously. Replace the alternator with an AC/Delco unit, goes bad in a week. Replace it again, three days. Once again, a week and a half.

All three being AC/Delco alternators. Not OEM, but GM parts made in Mexico.

Three alternators later, they finally replace it with an OEM alternator, which ironically was a Denso unit made in Japan... And she never had an issue after that.

R13

The other asshole
I never buy AC/Delco, hell I never buy the shit parts stores carry. I've paid less for brand new/not remanufactured generic parts from rockauto that have been better quality, perform better, and last longer than the expensive shit parts stores sell.

If you ever need a replacement stock radiator, Spectra premium is usually the cheapest, and they're usually on par with oem in my experience. The one I put in the mustang came extremely well packed, and didn't even have a single bent fin.

R13

The other asshole
Well ya'know... vatozone tries to push that brand on you any time ya go there for something. :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
SS oil cap came in.

The company that makes them also makes like 6-7 different Saab caps, and offer them all in a polished finish.... All except for the SS cap. So can you guess what I did? :lol:

Before

After

That was a coat of Blue magic, two coats of Mothers, then another coat of Blue Magic. Came out alright....

Haven't gotten to the powder coating yet because a valve cover gasket is fucking $50..... Also thinking about redoing the coil cover (when the valve cover is off) with a palm sander so it's even.

R13

The other asshole
:rolf: That's like the oem 4.6L gaskets, fuckin' $80... I just cleaned my old ones up, gave it a thin coat of rtv, and reused them.

I did that every time I had to take the F4's vc off and so far it hasn't started leaking either.

R13

The other asshole
Just get black rtv, pull off the old gasket, clean it with a simple green soaked towel/old microfiber, then use your fingers to coat the whole gasket in a thin even layer, set it in the cover with the cover upside down, seat it in place good, give it 5-10 minutes so it sticks to the vc, then put it on, lightly snug it down, give it another 10-15, then torque it down.

I've done it twice on the geezer, once on both valve covers on the stang, and three times on the F4. Haven't had a leak yet. :lol:

As long as the gasket isn't damaged or crusty there's no reason it shouldn't work as long as you do your part right, and it's easy as fuck.

94RS

No fucks given.
Coil cover attempt #2....

Got the palm sander, went 60/120/240/400/800/1200/2000/3000 grit. Only used Mothers on the spot between the bottom two screws so far, which fucking killed my arm :lol: , so the buffing wheel and compounds will come out tomorrow.