KILLED Cobalt SS

scottyrock

Owner HARD ROCK KUSTOMS
So I was out in Opal Va just south of Warrenton and I was coming out of Shetes gas and some kid in a Cobolt pulls up next to me and looks over and revs his car up just a little, so I just sit and watch the light. Te other light turns yellow and he revs a little and holds about 3 grand, so I know he wants to run. the light turns green and I dump the clutch and smoke that white Cobolt with what looks like a N1 muffler, all the way to 120mph. not very bad he stayed at my back bumper for a little bit, till 100. I really thought I was going to have something worry about with that car...nope they are slow, saw a gold Cobolt SS ater that week and smoked the doors off of that one, this past friday up around Falls Church I smoked a SRT4??? dont know how, piss poor driving on his part I guess??? almost out ran a 2.5 RS 2 door with a turbo, damn fast litle car. I am always busting out auto mustangs,camaros, and almost can hang with a auto corvett, they get me about 60mph and just keep pulling away, but I can hang door 2 door till 60.... thats all I got right now its snowing out side and I am going to go ride my KTM 525XC 4-wheeler.. nice way to spend $9500.00. I love it!:thumbs up:worthy:

jdm jon

what motor n mods do you have done to your teg if you dont mind me asking?

cuase cobalt SS and srt-4's unfortunetly are respectably fast.

speedin

The Transporter
there is a N/A ss.... It's only got like 170-180 hp.
Must have been that. and the SRT-4 must ahve been smoking crack as he drove. Sorry man but no way.

In my car I can take a C5 vette, Mustangs (only the new ones put up a fight), and the older GTO's (4.3's I think). But from a roll a SRT-4 still gets me, from a dig the driver has to stick it.

The C5 vettes, New Mustangs, and 4.3 GTO's all are about 13.5 in the 1/4 and 5 seconds 0-60. Correct me if im wrong Cheeze, but id guess the SRT-4's (with a fixed WGA) can do a 13 flat. At least it seems that way from a roll.

Now fot the 2.5 RS 2-door. If its a WRX swap its as fast as a 06 STI, ifs its an STI swap you better back down. Im building a 1999 2.5RS door, WR blue, JDM 2.0 STI swap car for a buddy. That fooker is going to be fast. Lets put it into prespective. . . that car is lighter than a RX7, and a NSX. Get the picture?

Last edited:

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
<---13.8 stock

no, from just a adjustable WGA, a srt will not do a 13 flat, you have to do some other mods too. I have yet to see what my will actually run.

That "srt" you beat. There is a SRT design Dodge did in 05 for the SXT, gave it a srt hood, srt front bumper (w/o the lip and nostrils) Dual exhaust and the wing. So dont be surprised if it was that car that you ran.

Last edited:

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
I also want to knwo what mods you have since you can beat all these fast cars including a vette ?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Yea that sounds like a lot of exaggerating. My mazda will run a 13.8 stock on a really good day. I don't believe you beet a c5 vette from a roll sorry.

speedin

The Transporter
<---13.8 stock

no, from just a adjustable WGA, a srt will not do a 13 flat, you have to do some other mods too. I have yet to see what my will actually run.

That "srt" you beat. There is a SRT design Dodge did in 05 for the SXT, gave it a srt hood, srt front bumper (w/o the lip and nostrils) Dual exhaust and the wing. So dont be surprised if it was that car that you ran.
REALLY? Wow, I need to stop turning down SRT races then. I always thought they were quicker. Maybe that one I versed had more done than I thought (remember that convo Cheese??)

Ghettokracker71

LS/Vturd
If it was anything like the Cobalt SS that fucked with me (while crzy azn was ridin shotgun) than theres no way in HELL,...at least I couldn't even come close to touching that shit. I'm willing to bet it was modded though,that shit took off like a bat outta hell like whoa,...had LOUD ass blower whine

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
REALLY? Wow, I need to stop turning down SRT races then. I always thought they were quicker. Maybe that one I versed had more done than I thought (remember that convo Cheese??)
I did say stock. most srt4 arent stock anymore. they respond to mods very well

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
If it was anything like the Cobalt SS that fucked with me (while crzy azn was ridin shotgun) than theres no way in HELL,...at least I couldn't even come close to touching that shit. I'm willing to bet it was modded though,that shit took off like a bat outta hell like whoa,...had LOUD ass blower whine
Was it black?