weight reduction

JOEY

anyone know what weighs a lot in the integras that can be removed?? I have a 4 door and in December theres gonna be a big ass import show down where I live but my car is heavy as hell and I wanna take some weight out but I dont know what to take out that will make a noticeable difference. can anyone give me ideas, right now I have full interior and my spare tire and shit are in the trunk which I will take out for sure.

MINNOWS007

The first thing is your seats and all the stuff from the interior that is removable except the driver seat. If you are just doing it for the one race that is about the best you can do the other little things won't make much differance. If you want to lose weight for good get rid of the factory glass and replace it with lexan. You can get them now that are made to fit the integras perfect. Your other option is make some horsepower and screw the weight.

Aphex

With a garret turbo among other things, i think he's got the making power part down . . . :wink:

JOEY

yeah I want to make more power than what I have now but I just wont be ready in time cause the races are on the 6th. but the competition is gonns be tough. theres gonna be a handfull of boosting integras and civics! theres gonna be this one ls/vtec integra there that will be boosting 18 psi on a built bottom end !!! that car is fast as hell! theres also gonna be an ls there that has a fully built motor that was done by golden eagle, he can boost over 20 psi. I know Im not gonna win, but I just want to race. :D

integeritis

:twisted:
the ac must go you will get power plus shave some lbs take is out from under the hood and the dash you will like it

lsvtec-2.0

i agree with the ac removal.
take that shit out unless you are just going to be a weekend warrior.
that lsvtec sounds intimidating. :shock:
i am scraping off all the tar of my car so far i got like close to 20 lbs and im not done.
so if you are making this car real serious that is one thing u can do.
also i found this type of padding behind the dash and close to the ecu.
it was pretty heavy for just a portion i ripped out.
i guess it all adds up in the end but your ride quality will suffer.
heheh
i can hear all the things on the dam road now but thats how it is. :lol:

JOEY

yeah man I my friend told me about that sound deadoning material. its all over the car and the total weight of that is about 200 lbs :shock: for this weekend I just took out my spare tire and all the jack and I took off the back seat but I couldnt get out the clips for the cushion that you sit on so I still have that in there. I weighed what I took out and it was about 45 lbs. oh well, better than nothing.

MINNOWS007

Hey Joey if you want to turn heads at the track get some real slicks to run. I have a set of 14" 20x8 Mickey Thopson slicks. I used them on my CR-X with a ZC motor with direct port nitrous. Ran V-8s all night with no problem. With a FWD all the weight transfers to the rear when we take off so the better traction from the tires you can get the better your launch.