how much power gain can it be.

Tyle3zy

i have heard many stories bout taking ac and heat out and even power steering out for more power but how much of a power gain is it.

jznsn2u

Taking out your a/c and power steering will NOT give you any more power than you already have. It will make your car lighter -

entire A/C sysem: 46.5lbs
+ power steering system: 17lbs
= 63.5lbs reduction.

When people talk about taking out taking out ps/ac/spare tire/seats etc it directly pertains to Power to weight.

Tyle3zy

well i was told that since your motor runs these things. taking them off would mean your motor doesnt have to run these things therfore little power gain. would i be able to notice a differ in power due to les weigth with just 65 lbs takin out

jznsn2u

Taking out ps/ac reduces less stresss your belt has to run because its not there, correct. But I never heard about anyone that ran a dyno with ac/ps then again after its uninstalled.

SGGilmo

if you want to see if you gain anything other then a pain in the ass. just remove the belts and get a shorter belt just for the alt.

Tyle3zy

samurai_blue is that really true??? what i dont understand is how you get that much of a horsepower gain and not feel the differ

corona88

samurai_blue is that really true??? what i dont understand is how you get that much of a horsepower gain and not feel the differ
Dude he was being sarcastic. Sigh do yourself a favor and keep all of that in. Keep your car as daily as you can so you can enjoy it. The little weight you'll lose wont be worth the pain due to lack of ac and heat + ps. If you want to make power actually modify your car.......most likely your next question will be what should I do then......I consult using the search button and look at what others have done.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i think if that was the case then your car would be running on less than 40 whp... you will not feel any difference of doing it. for starters if you remove power steering you will kill your steering rack, i deleted mine for the reason of feed back and not gaining power. i personall like the feeling i get from the wheel when i track my car. remove your belts and see if you get more hp...my guess is you will get the placebo effect and think you have more hp