94 Gs-R Build thread

L_Acura_S

Well everyone I havent actually had an official build thread but now is finally the time.

1994 Acura Integra Gsr (Acacia)

Engine:
Stock B18c1 (196,xxx Miles)
AEM CAI

Stock suspension

Rolling on Fat Fives

*Edit*Well guys heres the new scoop!!
-Ordered a new/used H22A with 35000 from H-motors and theyre sending it with a clutch and flywheel with hardware for $1230 pretty stoked.
-Ordered a QSD h2b kit
-Ordered a p28 chipped with h22 base
-And ordered a fuel injector resistor box.

Waiting for
-Mounts
-Alt relocator bracket
-B.S. Eliminator.*Edit*

Future Mods:

Suspension:
Tokico Blues, and ground control coilovers

Rims:
Undecided

Then body work will come last before I leave for bootcamp.

Well since I don't care to much for my SN, haven't bothered to change it as I dont have an Ls but Instead a GSR (Acacia).

So I purchased the Motor from Hmotorsonline and would recommend them to anyone.

Jdm H22A

I used my original gsr harness, and a chipped p28 ecu with h22 base map. I did my research on both qsd and evolution h2b kits and decided to go with more ground clearance and the more simple kit (QSD). Hood clearance doesnt bother me either. I also just reused my Gsr transmission.

Just and FYI I read into the what harness to use and what not, and based on my research I found you could use any obd1 harness with out having to hack it to shit, boy was that wrong, my buddy and I extended multiple plugs.

I made a mistake and went with some after market cheaper mounts and will never go that route again. I should have just taken the bite for the money and bought hasport mounts, getting the engine to mount in was a BITCH. I also removed the balance shafts, and made my own little custom block off plate, and removed the egr as the ecu doesnt look for this also making a little custom block off plate with no leaks Thumb up thumb up.

Everything is done and I will have pix of the new engine in later on tonight. Right now I'm just waiting on my exhaust to be finished.

Ok well here are some pictars:

Getting ready

My buddy that was helpin me.

Out with the old

Pressure washed the Bay

My little custom block off plate since I removed the balance shafts.

Tranny in the process of getting repainted, you can kind of see the where I started to get an idea how it'd look.

Just a quick front shot, no hood you ask, simply because I haven't put it back on.

Definitely spacing the hood THUMB UP:

This is my baby chick, pretty much my guard "dog"

Last edited:

L_Acura_S

Ok guys the main part came in finally already started tearing her down to replace some things just in case:) HERE she is

jznsn2u

:thumbs up, when and where are you going to bootcamp?

L_Acura_S

Ok I got the pix in order, but just an update I started her up today and she RAN WOOOHOOO. Unfortunately I can now give some advise and be completely serious about it, when I say you get what you pay for. I bought an aftermarket timing belt tensioner and now regret it as it will not work too much movement that it doesn't sit straight on the bolt making the timing belt sit slightly off the gears while running and thats a no no.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
sweet! i live in SD!

and theres a member on here thats in the marines (stationed in camp pendelton!

welcome and throw some pics up!

L_Acura_S

Ive been on the site for quite sometime just not super active. Ill get pix up when I se a computer that actually allows me to upload them.

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
Why do people waste money on Tokico blues. Those are the worst piece of crap struts known to man. You'd be better off with some generic autozone.

Struts are so critical to handling...