my 1990 Integra GS.. idk what's wrong

Jeff

on my 1990 Acura Integra GS I bought about a month ago and its got a slight miss I changed the spark plugs and the spark plug wires but it still does it and I know pretty much nothing about these computerized cars :( it also will blow a puff of white smooke every now n then but yesterday it was blowing a cloud of white smoke so i got some stuff from walmart that cleans the injectors valves all that good crap and I haven't seen any smoke YET but my buddy told me that if it smokes a lot it's my head gasket? thanks for any replies

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
A lot of white smoke is a pretty good indication of a blown head gasket, yes... I wouldn't expect it to be so intermittent, though. The slight misfire could also be a symptom of such.

Jeff

alright I get paid Friday and I'll get me a head gasket and replace it and hopefully it will fix my problem

cboe90DA

on my 1990 Acura Integra GS I bought about a month ago and its got a slight miss I changed the spark plugs and the spark plug wires but it still does it and I know pretty much nothing about these computerized cars :( it also will blow a puff of white smooke every now n then but yesterday it was blowing a cloud of white smoke so i got some stuff from walmart that cleans the injectors valves all that good crap and I haven't seen any smoke YET but my buddy told me that if it smokes a lot it's my head gasket? thanks for any replies
i had that prob in a ls yrs ago and i thought it was the head gasket but i was wrong it was this... the big vacume line from the oil catch can to the pcv valve to the intake mani was sucking oil up itto the intake and ever once a wile it would burn up in the cyilders check ur pcv valve make sure its not stuck open. i actually just plugged both ends and no more smoke and also fixed a vacume prob i had. any body else have this prob?

Jeff

well my car is kinda heating up while I'm just sitting still when I take off it will go back down.. idk where the pcv is you're talking about like I said I don't know anything about these cars which is pretty bad :/ but I guess we all start somewhere

92_JDM

blowing white smoke no matter if its a lot of a small amount is the head gasket. when your car is heating up while sitting, check the coolent, also make sure you dont have a leak or clog radiator tubes.

JobotDestroy

Resident thug
blowing white smoke no matter if its a lot of a small amount is the head gasket. when your car is heating up while sitting, check the coolent, also make sure you dont have a leak or clog radiator tubes.
Not true the FITV can dump coolant into the engine as well causing get white smoke. Diagnose the problem before doing all the work involved in changing the head gasket to find out it wasn't the issue. Check coolant consumption, check for oil not the coolant, etc.