which block do you guys think is better???

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Too vague. What are you trying to do? Any block is good to do something with and the range of results is HUGE.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Need to kno build prospects hp goals to give u accurate advise

Sent from my iPhone 4S

j13

Keep It Clean
^^b20's can scream and still be reliable

cboe90DA

well to sum it all up witch one would be better just stock i just did a b16 swap and dnt get me wrong i like it but just want more torq/power. so im gunna post it on craigs list to trade straight across block for block just dnt know wich to ask for gsr or b20??? not gunna build the block up just gunna slap her in. im thinking the gsr cuz it can handle more rpm and has more torq i think. just wondering what you guyz would do? which one will make more all around power with a b16 head on it?

Kyle

I think you a B18C will be a better choice. Integraguy has a B20/VTEC with a stock bottom end seems to be holding up just fine with his VTEC head so you might want to talk to him. Some say B20s can handle the extra RPMs and stress on stock bottom ends and some say they can't. ARP rod bolts are must though, everyone will agree with that. I doubt anyone will want to trade a B16 block for B18C, you might have better luck getting a B18B or B20.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
If you want to slap together a frankenstein motor and use less bolts then go with the gsr block so you dont have to do as much with getting vtec to work. B20vtec will take more effort. B20 however is more torque but you are asking/looking for simplicity. B18 will suffice. Your power/torque will ultimately depend on what mods you do but i like that you have set some sort of parameters for yourself.