Bitter smell coming from rear driver side wheel

Amiguel6

So today, i changed my rear brake pads. After i finished everything, i took the Teg out for a drive to ensure the brakes were good. When i came back, i started to smell a very bitter smell coming from the rear driver side wheel. All other 3 wheels did not have any smell coming from them. I do have enough brake fluid. Also, i noticed that the clutch feels a little tighter and the car doesnt roll freely in nuetral like it used to before the pads change. The smell isnt sweet, nor does it smell burnt.

What is causing that smell? Any help is appreciated!

R13

The other asshole
Did you adjust the E brake? Sounds like it's rubbing on that side..

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Take the center console apart behind the ebrake lever and you will find the two ebrake cables. there is a tension adjustment on the front of the cables.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
New pads usually smell funny when they are bedded. However you said only the left rear smells. This means this corner is dragging the brake pad. Either the ebrake cable is too tight or the pad is slightly "askew" in the caliper causing it to push on the rotor.

Amiguel6

I apprecite your help. Ill check out both possible issues. What is causing the clutch to be tighter though?

Amiguel6

When i push the car, i can hear the pad sticking on the rotor. How do i fix that? Sorry, brake issues are not my best topic