Need help finding crankshaft TDC - Camshafts are out (B17A1)

HCFL

1993 Acura Integra GS-R
Took the head off of my motor and did the valve stem seals as well as clean pistons, valves, whole head, etc.

In the process I moved my crankshaft and pistons a whole bunch of times (for cleaning the pistons) and cannot remember which way I rotated the engine.

Engine appears to be at TDC, but not sure if it's 0 degrees or 360 degrees. So I may not be at true TDC.

According to the service manual there is marks on the pulley and timing belt cover. There's so much oil and crap everywhere that I cannot see where they mean. I cannot see the mark on the timing belt cover or any white marks on the pulley. Even cleaned off the crankshaft pulley and could not find any.

If someone can give me a call (I'm out in my garage trying to figure it out) that would be awesome.

1 (780) two three four nine zero eight three

Any help would be awesome.

It's my first time taking apart this engine.

Ryan659

The OEM crank pulleys have notches in them. A set of 3 for timing and a single one shortly after those for TDC I believe.

The "mark" on the cover is just a line of plastic that lines up with the marks

HCFL

1993 Acura Integra GS-R
The OEM crank pulleys have notches in them. A set of 3 for timing and a single one shortly after those for TDC I believe.

The "mark" on the cover is just a line of plastic that lines up with the marks
Thanks for the reply. We ended up cleaning the pulley off and finding those marks.It was fairly simple to move the crankshaft but now we are trying to line up the marks and also slip the timing belt back onto the cam gears.

That part isn't as easy as pulling the belt off, and it seems as if we need to remove tension in order to properly line them up. We tried taking off one cam gear and doing it that way, but it's very difficult to hold the cam gear and key to line up the gear and the couple times we tried, we ended up dropping the key but thankfully could see it and used a magnet to pick it up.

If there's no objection against it, we are planning to take the camshafts and angle them down a little to slip the belt on. Hopefully we can get the timing just right and then torque down the cam holders like normal.

Any input is appreciated.