DIY: Change gauge cluster lights/ Under dash neons

tork_sd89

Baywatch
I ordered some LED's in bulk for my clear corners. They're to replace a 168 bulb but the item description says "12V 194 wedge style LED" So I'm thinking about trying this out since I'll have left overs

nayy

Just did the cluster on my 95 teg it looks awesome! Way better than that crappy whitish green color

pinatigerdc4

Just did the cluster on my 95 teg it looks awesome! Way better than that crappy whitish green color
HEY YOU DONT TALK ABOUT THAT WHITISH GREEN COLOR. Lol Glad you like it and it worked out for you. I had white for a bit. Now I have red

nayy

Lol I love it I cant stop llooking at my cluster while im driving lol now I just gota fix that darnabs light

DB7ish

Nice. I did my gauges, map and dome lights already. I'll try to do my ac and climate control lights later on. I heard you can do the dash clock too. Guess I'll try to search through this thread for that.

nayy

I dont think that you would be able to do the dash clock, isn't it digital like a calculator? But who knows. only one way to find out, pop that sucker out and check for removable bulbs lol

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
I dont think that you would be able to do the dash clock, isn't it digital like a calculator? But who knows. only one way to find out, pop that sucker out and check for removable bulbs lol
There is a post in the diy list. You can get a colored film and put it over the blue. You could even get a colored sharpie and color on a sticky film like a screen protector and cut it to fit. :D not the right way to do it but who cares

DB7ish

I see. Damn, I thought I read somewhere that you could, but that makes a lot of sense. Great, thank you.

nayy

So I put light strips in my teggy :eek:
Wired them to a touch screen toggle switch that I found at my job what do yall think? Also put some blue pedals but didn't think to take a pic of them

Last edited:

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast

So I put light strips in my teggy :eek:
Wired them to a touch screen toggle switch that I found at my job what do yall think? Also put some blue pedals but didn't think to take a pic of them
Bitch is sexy! That's what I think. Where'd you get your led kit for cluster? And what brand for underneath neon?

" I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me. "

nayy

I work at autozone so I just got the stuff there the cluster lights that I got are pilot 194 leds(could be brighterbut they work) and the led strips I believe the name is "type s" plug and glow led kit, the touch screen toggle switch was also from autozone all works great just tapped the power and ground from my radio and that was it. Well besides the fact that I took apart the center console so that I could hide the wires under it

DB7ish

Yeah, I picked up the 194 bulbs at Pep Boys, because I didn't feel like waiting for delivery or dealing with low quality China ebay leds. Same with the 3022s in the dome and map lights. Next I'm gonna see if they have the 1156s for the backup lights.

nayy

I think I saw the 3022s in led at my job but if they are the wont be color just white the 1156s I'm not sure about but I'm sure you could find them online as well I also did the 194 white led for my lp light but the connector side of the led is thicker than the glass blade of a regular bulb so it was hard to put in socket and sometimes on the right side socket it turns off and on when the road gets bumpy

Last edited:

nayy

It was the 3022s that I saw at autozone in led, itsa Sylvania brand and the 1156 are pilot brand in white or amber