My DD

TheMyth

Thanks!

If you do your own work, I have found a inexpensive valve seal installer. $18 after shipping on ebay.

TheMyth

A little airbox modification. Cut the airbox and fit it for the 3.5" piping. Now to secure it and seal it.

TheMyth

Installing the valves /seals/springs/retainers back in.

TheMyth

Got a little more done to the air box lid. Still need to bend and adjust on a couple corners and then seal it up.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Why not weld the bolts to the pipe and grind them down; so you don't have the nuts interfering with air flow? And what was the IM cut open for? I thought you had a turbo setup, you're not planning to turbo this with cast pistons are you?

Anyway nice to see you posting, just trying to get an idea of what's going on.

Last edited:

TheMyth

Can't weld steel to aluminum . And it's a 3.5" piping. I would feel confident that the air is back together by the time it hits the throttle body. And definitely not turbo'ing this. I've had turbo setups before but not going that route. And the intake manifold was cut open to port the runners. All 4 runners was different sizes. Got them as close as they can be.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

TheMyth

But I had tamed my idea down alot. I'm just wanting the engine to be solid and maintenance free as much as possible.
Gsr head is ported/intake manifold matches the head, itr valvetrain, 00-01 itr cams, and brand new usdm itr bottomend. Five0motorsports.com ev9/ev16 450cc injectors, s300, modified Toda rep header, apexi noir exhaust with test pipe.

TheMyth

And when it's getting dyno tuned, I will test the 3" piping and stock lid vs the modified lid with 3.5" piping.