air/fuel ratio with IM?

broken_scars

i have my basic bolt ons but i wanna get a larger intake manifold. just wondering if i have the car tuned at a shop will my stock injectors provide enough fuel or if i get say 330 injectors and a resistor box will i be better off

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
It sure won't.
But to your question, you shouldn't need bigger injectors to tune for bolt on's.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
If your internals are stock, an IM won't do you ANY good whatsoever.

It sure won't.
But to your question, you shouldn't need bigger injectors to tune for bolt on's.
Troof.

You're not going to need that extra air or fuel if your motor can't utilize it. A larger IM is meant to complement - at the very least - a more aggressive set of cams. If you're not gonna upgrade the cams any time soon, I'd tune with the bolt-ons only. You're stock injectors will be more than adequate :thumbs up

genesis

tougê hêrmit
it will improve throttle response a little, and your top end.... unless you plan on getting some cams its not really worth it..... but yes your stock injectors will support the extra air with tuning....

broken_scars

ok well i plan on getting larger cams but not for awhile so ill hold off on the im...another question..will a safc help tune the bolt ons ...shops around here are not the best

ok well i plan on getting larger cams but not for awhile so ill hold off on the im...another question..will a safc help tune the bolt ons ...shops around here are not the best
Stay away from that piece of shit. Get a p28 and have it socketed and chipped. Then get a jumper harness from Rywire if needed.

broken_scars

a p28?? isnt that from a 92-95 civic vtec?? where do i go to get all that stuff. i know a guy who can chip my car pretty cheap using a pr6 ecu and put it to pr4 standards upgrading the fuel maps and all that good stuff but im not really sure what to tell him to do..confused on the whole situation haha..it does not take much for me to get confused though

a p28?? isnt that from a 92-95 civic vtec?? where do i go to get all that stuff. i know a guy who can chip my car pretty cheap using a pr6 ecu and put it to pr4 standards upgrading the fuel maps and all that good stuff but im not really sure what to tell him to do..confused on the whole situation haha..it does not take much for me to get confused though
You can convert a p06 ecu to work.
If you don't know what to tell him to do, and he doesn't know either, find someone who does. Your tune is not a place to pinch pennies and cut corners. Get it done right the first time.

Btw, you can socket and chip an ECU, not a car.

broken_scars

haha ya i know about socketing i just dont know how to do it but that really does help. i wont pinch pennys on that. he knows what he is doing. he has a warranty and all that i am just wondering if anyone has an idea of what the fuel maps should be and all that

haha ya i know about socketing i just dont know how to do it but that really does help. i wont pinch pennys on that. he knows what he is doing. he has a warranty and all that i am just wondering if anyone has an idea of what the fuel maps should be and all that
Do you still have the A1?

justincpowell

1991 Acura Integra GS
a less restrictive aftermarket intake can provide up to4hp maybe. and will eleminate the silencers so the car will be louder. but the air fuel ratio will still attempt to stay at 14.7parts of air to 1 part of fuel(14.7:1).

after market intakes help some but not enough to pay a lot for one without a fully modified engine. remeber the three things to make a stronger engine is breath bang a blow lol. if it can breath better but not bang(internals) or blow(exhaust) any better then you will never notice it.

the air/fuel ratio wont change on average but the volume used on the car will. so long as you stick with the stoic ratio.