90mm throttle body?!?!?!

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
i dont even know at what point youd start using 90mm in the realm of a honda... turbo applications start with 70mm.

Ill elaborate for some better understanding though. You can only flow as much air as your head/manifold will allow. Anything larger than stock without support mods wont do anything. First of all you'll create turbulence as it enters the manifold without port matching and even if you did port match the large size will actually slow down air flow entering the manifold. You want to maintain or increase velocity preferably, taking into account what modifications are done if any.

Last edited:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
its from godspeed
Thats the first problem lol.

Ive seen 90mm throttle bodies used but they are on 1000+hp Hondas. I make good power with a 68mm. Bigger isn't always better, not to mention you would need an intake manifold that supports a 90mm tb.

Alot of DIY guys use Mustang throttle bodies

Last edited:

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Driveability goes in the toilet with giant throttle bodies. You lose modulation with the throttle. Even a slight crack of the throttle will result in full manifold pressure because its so big. Try driving around town while using only 0 and WOT and tell me how fun it is to start in 1st gear like that. It stinks. Race only.