How to blow your motor overheating.

mirrorimg

i really really hope that one day i can do this to my engine when i grow up
You hope to blow your motor? Or hope to be able to take it apart and fix it?

Go buy yourself a motor and work on it in the garage. Or hit up a junkyard and start taking a motor apart. It's been a few weeks for me, but the engne is off to the shop for machine work and I get to put it all back together. Hopefully correctly

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
You hope to blow your motor? Or hope to be able to take it apart and fix it?

Go buy yourself a motor and work on it in the garage. Or hit up a junkyard and start taking a motor apart. It's been a few weeks for me, but the engne is off to the shop for machine work and I get to put it all back together. Hopefully correctly
thats how a learned. I parted out a few cars and tore the engines down. I rebuilt my 2.4 my self, its really not hard. Just check and double check your tolerances for your rings and bearings and torque everything correctly. And dont over heat it

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
nothing will kill one quicker than overheating it:( i wish i saved this head off a mazda i worked on, the head was melted away between the valve seats. omg.

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
I havent taken the head off yet. I think Im goin to chunk the crank rods and head. And keep the block...thats if the main bearings didnt melt and the walls didnt get damaged.