K Series engine information

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
I can't tell now. He had some legit posts. Maybe he's like a real live super spammer!!!! Lets click on all his sig link and see what happens, lmao... Just kidding, I would rather cut my scrotum off with a butter knife.

crazyyy2305

Hope that helps

the k20a3 is found in the 02+ civic si and the base model rsx and have a 160hp / 5 speed tranny.
the k20a2 is found in the rsx type S and comes with the 200hp / 6 speed tranny.

The k20a2 and the k20a3 share the same 2.0-liters of displacement, bore/stroke, block, head, valves, and intake manifold. However, pretty much the entire internals and external bolt ons couldn't be more different.

The k20a2 has higher compression pistons, more agressive cams, dual valve springs, and a tri-Y header with larger primaries than the k20a3. If that wasn't enough, the K20a2 has a completely different - and more advanced - method of iVTEC than the a3.

On both motors, i-VTEC really consists of two features: VTC (Variable valve Timing Control) and VTEC (Valve Timing and lift Electronically Controlled).

VTC, in both cases, is simply a hydraulically controlled adjustable cam sprocket that varies intake cam timing on the fly depending on engine speed and load. VTC does not affect the exhaust cam.

However, It's the VTEC portion of these systems that differs.

On the K20A2, VTEC is old school. Like a B-series, the cam has 2 profiles on 1 shaft. At about 6000 rpm, the middle rocker stops resting on the lost motion assembly, and picks up to follow the large lobe. Nothing new.

On the other hand, the K20A3 uses a completely different method, but is still called VTEC. At low rpm, the two intake valves operate with different cam lobes. One valve gets the primary lobe (the taller lobe) and the other gets the secondary lobe (shorter). The exhaust valves always get shoved open by a single lobe with no tricks at all. When VTEC kicks in at 2300 rpm, both valves start following the primary lobe. That's it. There's no 5500 rpm kick in the seat.

Other than this use of a shorter valve at low rpm, its much like a SOHC VTEC D16Z6: VTEC only on the intake side. But even then, can you really call <that> VTEC?

All of that is enough for the A2 to boast a 40 horsepower and nearly 20 ft-lbs of torque advantage over the A3.

sources:
Sport Compact Car Mag
Neuspeed
-----------------
I'm looking to start working on the performance aspect of my Fit in the near future and would like to get as much research done beforehand so as not to make a whole lot of mistakes starting out. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated!

eduleteexams

Which honda carries the K20A engine ?

Anyone have links to the specs ?
NCERT Solutions for class 10 science is ready and assembled by edulete.
All questions referenced in NCERT practice are solved with relevant details.
CBSE Class 10th science is the foundation stone for student’s Class 10th science is the foundation stone for student’s success in their future academic years. In the past, studying science may have been slightly difficult. The consistent efforts laid down by our team have brought fruitful results, the type of NCERT solutions for class 10 Science.

The CBSE board is one of the most reputable boards of The CBSE board is one of the most reputable boards of education under the Union Government of India which serves private and state funded schools all through the country. CBSE has announced the most recent modified schedule for classes 9 to 12 on its website for the upcoming academic session 2022-23. The syllabus is separated into equal parts, with the modified CBSE Syllabus being utilised for the Term 1 and Term 2 tests.The syllabus contains a description alongside a chapters of parts that will be covered during the teaching and learning process in a specific class. Having a deep understanding of the CBSE Syllabus is vital for the students as most national level entrance exams are based on this curriculum.

Attachments