Next car im looking to getting...

Sammich

is a maxima 5spd. i have found about 3 - 2000 nissan maximas in excellent condition meeting alot of my requirements. what do you guys think? what bad have you heard about these maxima's?

Ghettokracker71

LS/Vturd
Fun//surprisingly good handling and quick. The vq v6 is pretty badass.

I used to roll in a 97 Max SE,revved just as high as my LS,and got there ALOT faster

If you can swing a 3.5L 6 speed one that'd be alot better,I think 03ish are the fastest ones they made,larger engine one more gear more power and same body (before they made it the larger ones)

Sammich

yea i know about the 03s...but this is like the 1st time ive seen 3 00 maximas for sale that are 5spd at teh same time. before i got my DC, i looked at a 95 max 5spd, but it was nasty and rust was starting to form, so i didnt get it...if the 3.0 blows..itll be good timing for a 3.5 swap lol

Ghettokracker71

LS/Vturd
Lol it'll be hard to blow a vq30de. My brother when I was riding in the 97,had a 93 max,...man we abused those things so bad it wasn't even funny. He sold the 93 at around 170k. Considering he never really shifted under 4 or 5k,and usually was hitting redline,that thing still ran great...original motor/trans.

I had an oil leak on the road I drove,and broke a driver axle,...but thats b/c when it was new tire time,I had some fun on the old tires, lol bad idea

I miss that thing :(

Sammich

lol yea i kno they are strong engines...not to mention them having timing chains...i wont have to worry bout that mess anymore..so overall a good buy??

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I like em

I had a friend that used to have an older one....96 or 97 i believe. It was pretty nice

Sammich

Get a E36/E46
i want those, but the only way ill get one of those is if i find a killer deal like i did on my DC when i bought it..like $3k under book value.

My dad had an 02 Maxima before. I liked it a lot. Then he got a G35.
the G is outa my class lol, but it'd be REAL nice to have

Sammich

yea..i cant...i mean i can, but having my car LESS than a year and it being stolen sucks, so i'd rather lay under the radar a bit more. ill be waiting for this craziness to clear up with the insurance company then ill get one of those maxima's :)

Sammich

lol yea i know. i may come back to the teg life with a 4door 2nd gen...(DB1 ftmfw) but for now, its time for a lil grown man

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Look on the bright side....an 02 Maxima SE is faster than an ITR and a DC5 Type S
That's exactly what my dad used to have. Everyone was tight except for the front-wheel drive and the weird looking rear end. I was happy cuz it was my family's first car with HIDs. Lol!

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Yea, the '02 has HID's and The VQ35DE instead of the VQ30DE. They had an option for a LSD......I'd try and find an 02+ 6spd with a LSD if I was to go that route