Piston Help

DCmateo21

was good clubintegra i'm going lsv and i dont know which pistons to use i have both

civic type r 81.0mm

and

honda integra b18c5 type r performance pistons

i have both in stock. not really sure which ones to use i want more power and Reliability.

please share opinions thanks clubintegra

as for the rods im going to be using my shotpeen LS rods

acclude

cheap bastard
the CTR's have a slightly higher c/r which would make a little more power.

Both are good choices, but the CTR's will give you more of a gain.

sps21112

which ctr pistons you talkin about? b16a or b16b? the b16b piston wont work with ls rods youll have negative piston to deck height. youll have to go custom for those. go with the jdm b18c5 itr pistons to get a little more compression. Also here a calculator for your motor www.zealautowerks.com

DCmateo21

which ctr pistons you talkin about? b16a or b16b? the b16b piston wont work with ls rods youll have negative piston to deck height. youll have to go custom for those. go with the jdm b18c5 itr pistons to get a little more compression. Also here a calculator for your motor www.zealautowerks.com

thanks alot going to find which ctr they are

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
If I had both in hand, I'd definitely go with the CTR pistons. As the others have mentioned. More compression and more power. The ITR pistons are good too. Can't go wrong either way.

tsu878

"Supersonic Vtec fun"
i have CTRs in my LSV and i love it. what head are you going to use? i have a b18c1 head with a b18a1 block just for better crankcase venting.

DCmateo21

i have CTRs in my LSV and i love it. what head are you going to use? i have a b18c1 head with a b18a1 block just for better crankcase venting.
i'm going to be using a b16 head, and my teggy is a 96 so my block is b18b1....

i also wanna get a port and polished n 3 angle vavle job but still looking for machine shops to do it at...

i was wondering also if any clubintegra memebers know any machine shops i located in westchester..

Last edited:

DCmateo21

If I had both in hand, I'd definitely go with the CTR pistons. As the others have mentioned. More compression and more power. The ITR pistons are good too. Can't go wrong either way.

true thanks alot!

Last edited:

DCmateo21

i just checked the box and it says 97-00 : B16B eng 1.6l / 81.0 mm

tilegend

until the law of diminishing return kicks in. more compression does not necessarily equal more power. especially when you have to pull so much timing to run pump gas that it would negate the purpose of running a higher compression..

anyways DCmateo21, i already suggested the JDM P73s on another forum, they're lighter than PCT pistons, and they have a lower static compression ratio. their domes are not as high as the PCTs which allow for better flame travel.

and not only that but you better be dead on with your piston to valve clearances especially when you're running aftermarket cams.