Integra Weight Reduction

red.line

i even went as far as gutting out my windshield washer system and it hurt me in the long run i allways got to stop and wash my windows at the gas station and shit
Haha, wow, I could not live without a consistently clean windshield.
Personally, on a daily driven car the most I would do is take out the spare tire haha.
Even then, with a system in the back, it totally negates any weight savings, but at least then I can put my amp under the floor :)

heykosal

Angkorian
Hey, I have a 1990 Acura Integra 4 door sedan. I was wondering, what are some ways I can lighten it up a bit. I already took out the back seats but they didn't weigh much really. I also removed the carpeting, and spare tire.
Remove everything not necessary or essential to mechanical operation of the vehicle: http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.daleholley.com/mustread_files/0208scc_scared23_zoom.jpeg&imgrefurl=http://www.daleholley.com/nissan.htm&usg=__7ycCrsnkNpEcgxIFAFOeZp3MH7o=&h=480&w=640&sz=68&hl=en&start=3&um=1&tbnid=Na49BzSLzEHxYM:&tbnh=103&tbnw=137&prev=/images?q=scc+stripped+sentra&imgsz=small%7Cmedium%7Clarge%7Cxlarge&hl=en&rls=HPIA,HPIA:2005-21,HPIA:en&um=1
tehehe:lol:

evilminion88

I ate the bones
We atcually talked about this in my super street class at UTI. Weight reduction is only helpful if your looking for a drag car setup. Relativly once a car is in motion going faster than 30 mph any amount of weight will not effect the cars ability to accelerate faster due to weight. Weigth only effects a car when its doing a stop to go race (drag or full out track car) Drag and track cars are constantly going from slow to fast speeds extremely fast over and over again, and being light keeps unneeded load and stress on the engine. That is why you only see full out track cars being fully guted with it actually benifiting. Now on the street like the rest of us the only thing our tegs are going to being doing the most will be taking on racing from a pull at speeds from 20-50mph depending where you preffer to race. so taking out the back seat like I did (only due to it being bunt to a crisp) is really all you need to do. Take out the spare and your screwed if you get a flat. Your teg is a daily driver not a track car.

bfatdaintegra

IM motorvated
i have winters in milwaukee and i still drove my old gutted da in the fall with no heat and shit till it was the first snow fall then i crashed it into a curb because of bald potenzas

hamfacekilla

you can swap the power windows and locks for manuals (if you have power), that helps also, and get a CF trunk and hood

Last edited:

bmwpride

i have my 92 teg to exactly 2495 with me and half a tank of gas with all panels and dash... Manual everything, no ac, or ps, no back seat, no sound deading. Also took out those metal pieces behind the kick panels.

dlo253

If its a street friendly build i wouldnt bother with weight reduction. Street friendly, your gonna want a little comfort. Just build a badass motor so that 50-100 pounds will hardly matter. Maybe thats just me though.. haha

GrimLS

i think a car with nothin in it exept driver and passenger seat and no carpet or anything look kinda sexy and mean. haha idk jut my opinion. :)

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
We do. Don't bring up old threads, particularly ones where the OP hasn't posted in over 2 years.

dlo253

Oh wow, just noticed that. Insanity. Make me look like a dick for replying for nuthn, ha
Only way its okay to bump an old thread, is if you have the same question that you need answered.
Lol, we gfet mad when ppl bump old shit. But when they post something that's been asked we bitch at them for not searching. You can't win with us!! Muahahaha. Lol.