Skunk2 Pro-s or Pro-c coilovers?

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Skunk2 Pro-S - Non-adjustable damping

Skunk2 Pro-C
1. Adjustable damping
2. Goes lowers than the Pro-S

I<3myb18b1

skunk2 period are bumpy as hell i got pro-c's and they are bumpy as shyt but on the highway it handles like a fukin monster...i dun think they're worth wat msrp claims it to be i heard ground control, or koni or tein are better choices...when mine blow ima see if i go with tein or koni

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
skunk2 period are bumpy as hell i got pro-c's and they are bumpy as shyt but on the highway it handles like a fukin monster...i dun think they're worth wat msrp claims it to be i heard ground control, or koni or tein are better choices...when mine blow ima see if i go with tein or koni
I don't understand why people think that Skunk2 is bouncy. Do people not understand that aftermarket springs are usually stiffer than stock, thus making the ride stiffer? Stiff suspension is what increases handling performance. If you don't want a stiff ride, stick to OEM suspension.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I don't understand why people think that Skunk2 is bouncy. Do people not understand that aftermarket springs are usually stiffer than stock, thus making the ride stiffer? Stiff suspension is what increases handling performance. If you don't want a stiff ride, stick to OEM suspension.
this is true while some companies make softer springs than other. Skunk2 is known to be stiffer and eibach tends to be softer

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
The Pro C have a mono-tube design, 12-way adjustable struts. They are also adjustable for ride height and spring pre-load. This allows you to adjust ride height without compromising suspension travel.

Of course saying it like that makes it sound like less significant of a difference than it really is. :lol:

I<3myb18b1

i understand that im jus letting him know that if you want bangin handling you have to sacrifice ride quality regardless of brand :|

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
i understand that im jus letting him know that if you want bangin handling you have to sacrifice ride quality regardless of brand :|
You're absolutely right. Once you start modifying the suspension, OEM-like ride comfort goes out the window.

Ermworld

M to the E
I have skunk2 pro-s coilovers and they are stiff but thats what you want for better handling and performance. I have one strut on the back drivers side that's blown. You don't know the meaning of bumpy haha

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
tein are really soft, eibach are the closest spring you can get to oem ride quality, and im referring to the prokit, I've only ridden on the sportline on my friends turbo lude.
LOL @ gf comment
my gf hates my suspension but she still always willing to drive my teg! Keep telling her its winter its on the hardest setting on koni. But I've ridden in Pro S and Pro C and I much prefer the C over the S but is it worth the extra money.. imo no.