lips vs. kits

tuneandaudio

ROCK'n'PINE
so whats your guys opinion of getting short lip kits or full body kits? which looks better on tegs? what are your favorite looks for them?

crussell2009

98 black gsr CLEAN coupe
dude lip and only lip...almost every bodykit for the teg is unbelievably gody and rediculous. Front lips/full lip kits look really good imo.

tuneandaudio

ROCK'n'PINE
some of the pics of owners on this site that have lips on their cars, they do look nice, there is a guy with a teg a street over from me, he has a big body kit on it, and it does look....interesting lol it doesn't help that the front and back bumpers are different colors lol

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
some of the pics of owners on this site that have lips on their cars, they do look nice, there is a guy with a teg a street over from me, he has a big body kit on it, and it does look....interesting lol it doesn't help that the front and back bumpers are different colors lol
Everyone on here will tell you lip. I had a body kit once, they hated it lol, I tried putting it on, it fit horribly, and I sold it. I've now come to realize lips look so much better. :thumbs up

crussell2009

98 black gsr CLEAN coupe
theres a few fronts that look ok on JDM fronts but on the USDM there is no good body kit, but hella nice lip kits. In fact i plan on getting a full CF lip kit here some time.

94/96integra

full body kits look great if you take the time to make them mold in to the body right, i love mine, it just took some time to get it shaped right, you have to remember that they are just made out of molds and wont fit 100% perfect with out some work

tuneandaudio

ROCK'n'PINE
this car isn't boxy enough for a body kit it seems, maybe with some bonding work it might look ok. cause it will look more a part of the car. has anyone ever seen maybe a combo? also i have noticed most people don't put aftermarket back bumpers on. is that typical?

crussell2009

98 black gsr CLEAN coupe
I feel that if you do a kit do the whole kit, but nothing too over the top. Wings west probably has the best kits and good fitment.

tuneandaudio

ROCK'n'PINE
ive actually thought about some day working toward having a shop that i could design custom body kits and lips, like making the molds for fiberglass kits...that would be awesome, do you think there is still enough demand that there is a good market for it? if so where?

crussell2009

98 black gsr CLEAN coupe
You'd almost have to be international, if not just in Cali. I'm not sure though, i mean during the fast and furious era everyone wanted a body kit now its almost like people hate you if you get one. It would just be tough because of how cheap other companies make them for. That would be your main problem.

tuneandaudio

ROCK'n'PINE
thats true, but i would love to do all kinds of body mods :) doors, hoods, spoilers, rims, scoops, lips, lights, interior, and paint, def paint, i am artistically inclined so that would be awesome :) i live in new mexico, and people don't like to do all out. Most people only do body kit, spoiler, exhaust, and minmal paint job, although some people do it right lol everyone had told me when i had my civic that the license plate on the trunk tilted looked gay lol but it was awesome lol

night_shade1589

Night_Shade
I have the Bomex kit on my teg and i love it! it looks great. the fitment isnt 100% but it looks great im getting it molded soon.