I bought another teggy today - on impulse.

72Spitfire

Woke up this morning and was checking Craigslist for parts and see the below posted last night.......:shock:

96' Acura Integra LS
"$1000 FIRM!! do not offer me $999 for this car, this car is worth more than i am asking... i just need the room in the garage and need it gone...
fair blue book is $1400... so like i said, don't try to offer me a penny less... i'll scrap the car if i need to, i don't need the money just figured someone needs a reliable car... you can easily clean it up and resell it for more, and i wouldn't care... so call or text if you are interested, you come to the car, no tags... test drive it all you want"

So i go check it out after work.
The pros: Runs really strong and has good exhaust. New plugs, wires, cap and button. Has a new radiator. Interior is clean and windows work well. All the electrics are 100% working and it's got a nice cd player.
Cons: Needs tires and brakes. Maybe a bad ball joint or two. Leaks a bit of oil around the pan. Needs an O2 sensor. Rear panels have quite a bit of rust and paint is kinda faded and yuck. Temp sensor not working.

It has 250k miles and has been owned by the same family since 113k. Driven by a younger gal so its not been abused. Timing belt and water pump have about 25k left on them. It's an automatic, but this is for my GF so it suits her.

Not a bad deal in my opinion. I'm picking it up in the morning as the title was in gals name and I spoke with her BF.

After i left and told him we would buy it, he sent a txt wanting to make sure I wanted it as he was getting all kinds of calls on it haha. 8)

Will post pics of it tomorrow.

jbrown97ls

I can understand. I never wait for pictures before I post on my build thread. its usually tell then show

mirrorimg

After i left and told him we would buy it, he sent a txt wanting to make sure I wanted it as he was getting all kinds of calls on it haha. 8)
Thats bullshit. He is just saying that because he wants to get you to commit because you THINK other people are going to buy it.

If it was me, and some one came by to buy it with cash in hand, and you had looked at it the day before and said you were going to buy it, I would sell it to the other guy in a heartbeat.

Just saying, hes probably not telling the truth about other people calling him like crazy.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Thats bullshit. He is just saying that because he wants to get you to commit because you THINK other people are going to buy it.

If it was me, and some one came by to buy it with cash in hand, and you had looked at it the day before and said you were going to buy it, I would sell it to the other guy in a heartbeat.

Just saying, hes probably not telling the truth about other people calling him like crazy.
Trooof!

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Most people won't wait correct. When I was selling my teg, I had a guy with a similar situation but needed to come back in a week because he wanted his tax check to come in so he had the cash..I got a couple offers a bit under my asking..but didn't take em, in a week he came back to buy, with an extra $400 for holding on to it for him..totally worked in my favor that time.