My key fab won't work, alarm won't turn off and car won't start.

brooklynnmoon

I have a 1996 Integra and my car was perfectly fine. Got home from work and put on alarm as usual. It was alarm that was on car when I bought it so I think it came stock on the car. I beeped it once to set it. Then I went out to go to the store and the key fab lights up but nothing happens to my car. If I open the door with the key then the alarm goes off. I put the key in the ignition and the key won't turn so I can't start my car. I can't turn off the alarm either. What do I do??!!

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Find alarm under the dash and the fuse of it, and take off the battery terminal so the alarm stops or cut the horn wires

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
I disconnected the battery and the alarm still wouldn't turn off. What does the alarm look like under the dash?
alarm must have a small back up battery, alarm should look like a black box with a lot of wires if its after market

sick06cpe

id check somewhere around under the steering wheel there should be a little push button for the alarm. It's basically like an abort button, but not knowing what kind of alarm one of many ways it could be used. Try with the key on engine off pushing the button, or holding the button but it should disable the alarm and let you drive the vehicle.