Will this radiator cap work with my Koyo radiator??

HooliganSKATE

My radiator cap is leaking on my Koyo radiator. The cap I have now says its a 1.1 bar. I purchased a skunk2 one but ended up being the wrong one so the company I bought it from suggested this one to fit my koyo rad. http://www.ebay.com/itm/IN-STOCK-KOYO-SK-C13-1-3BAR-HYPER-CAP-FOR-KOYORAD-RACING-ALUMINUM-RADIATOR-/290956470558 but it is a 1.3 bar. would this work? and also, the one on my radiator now has a big spring section in it, where as this one and the skunk2 one I got do not have the spring. will that be OK for my daily driving? I'm not sure what the spring does, I just want to make sure it will be OK!

Thanks for any help guys!
Evan

96LSteg

Jemel
I would get the Koyo rad cap from tunersport. you may pay $4 more but you know its real and you have piece of mind.

***edit***

to answer your other question, in the description under the cap in tunersports, it says works with all koyo rads and has a 16lbs pressure rating. Again i would go with this one over the ebay one so you know you are getting a legit part...

Last edited:

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Yes thats the mini size, it will fit. The pressure 1.3Bar is slightly higher than stock which is fine. 1.3bar is considered an upgrade because it will hold higher pressure from higher coolant temps (RACING!!!). the SPOON rad caps are all 1.3 too.