Front Wheel Hubs

AcBrand

Ok so a week ago I was tryin to change my waterpump which was a disaster in itself, but while attempting to take the driver's side front wheel off I noticed one of lugnuts was missing. I looked closer and noticed the the stud was snapped off. So I started to take the wheel off but another stud snapped. Is this common with Acura's? This is my first so I dont know. And does anyone know where to get a new hub? Get at me!

Spody02

Name: Cody
ok i'm guessing its on the front so its going to bitch to do, go search there is DIY on here some where, but you have to pull the whole knuckle and replace the wheel bearing, its a real pain in the ass, you need a press. and i think its becoming more common with the cold weather and old studs

tkvang

ok i'm guessing its on the front so its going to bitch to do, go search there is DIY on here some where, but you have to pull the whole knuckle and replace the wheel bearing, its a real pain in the ass, you need a press. and i think its becoming more common with the cold weather and old studs
Machine pressing will cost you something like $80-$120 bucks at the shop. I found out when I needed to machine press my new wheel bearings in. Soooo, here's the work around I developed. I bought a block of wood from home depot, look in the back where they have the garbage pieces. Cheap, around $2-$3, probably less than that. You shouldn't need too much, so get about half a foot. Grab the biggest hammer you got and just tap it in, adjusting pressure as necessary. Worked fine with the wheel bearing and shouldn't be a problem for you if you're careful.

teggyg35

bossted tegg
you would have to take the hub out to change the studs so i would recommend just getting a new hub and bearing cause once its out the wheel bearing can be damaged even more from removal.. it is a common problem..