How to maximize FUNCTION&form

AlphaWolf1993

What's up CI, finally got my setup all together and she rides great. I'm riding on maxed out f&f type I which are perfect for me, but, as expected, when I hit bumps (and I mean only the big ones) I slap my buddy club uca on the towers. Yeah I know, raise it, and I'm going to anyway, but, I wanted to maximize my available travel so that I won't hit those towers for any reason, even raised. I've read about extended top hats but can't really find anything regarding if that would be my particular solution or if one is better than another. I just want more function.

AlphaWolf1993

Also, any just tips and tricks are greatly appreciated, first really low car and want to keep the function of it above all else

AlphaWolf1993

So I understand the extended hat allows the shock more travel, but is there anything else to it? Sorry to ask, I just like knowing as much as I can.

AlphaWolf1993

OK, so f&f a tally makes top hats that come with new spring which together are supposed to lower up to 50th. So, in theory, the shorter spring moves the physical ride height by changing the length of hub to top of coil body, and the top hat provides more room to keep the shock from bottoming. Which means it'll be slightly lower safer (spring) and more forgiving on shock (tophat) so I can raise the car and still maintain a lower stance safe... Sorry, figured writing it out would be useful to someone

AlphaWolf1993

Do what ya gotta do right? Although it looks trashy when they aren't recovered, I guess if you have aftermarket arms you could adjust them easier

AlphaWolf1993

Lol well as much usability without beating my shit. May not be as functional as stock, but better than slammed on stock shocks and blowing them out etc.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Oh, I see what you mean. When you say function, we all think track prep'd. You should just get those uca rubber things that Dai Lon has with extended hats.

AlphaWolf1993

Yeah no, track function I wouldn't be lowering it so low, I understand when so much height just doesn't work. I figured top hats would keep the shock from encountering any damage, but the only thing I can do with the uca is raise the car or cut the towers