my lil "R"HD project

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
You went back to CT?

Such a beautiful car! I said this a lot to you but I still envy you haha. One day I will own a black gsr.

Sended from my phone

d@_b3st

You went back to CT?

Such a beautiful car! I said this a lot to you but I still envy you haha. One day I will own a black gsr.

Sended from my phone
Nahhh I wish though lol what makes you think that? Lol thanks mike gotta love the black on whips make them look clean and mysterious :D

d@_b3st

Just no words man really I mean I am so impressed in the work, quality, dedication just Wao 10/10 :)
thanks there glad you like it!!

Teg is too sexy!!! <33333
thanks guys really appreciate the compliments!!

so I had done the spark plugs and wires done with ngk IX iridium and NGK wires as well...

got to clean the tranny up a bit to make things less messy

before:

after:

mess of epoxy/liquid weld

^^^ it seems like they actually WELDED this but didnt work?!?!

the pin is in there not wantin to come out. this dont look like it belongs there am I wrong?

anyways got to set her down to start the process

managed to crack it open

took care of this guy

and voila!!

got to take the rest of it apart and start taking the one in the car out still. but so far so good...

d@_b3st

ok so got to work a lil bit more on the ls tranny and looking at things in there... you be the judge lol

1st/reverse:

reverse all chewed up!?!:

5th/reverse sleeve:

3rd/4th and 5th/reverse sleeves:

also finally got the ISB and seal

now all left to do is take the s4c tranny of the car, disassemble swap gears and ISB and seal and she'll be up and running, hopefully its just the faulty ISB on my tranny and this goes like a breeze!!

been doing research on this matter and have soak as much info as I can possibly can, but there's no mention on the synchros, should I be able to use the synchro on my s4c tranny with the ls 5th?

using this thread as reference and seems to be complete but he doesn't mention the synchros since hes not doing the gears swap

have you done this? any input on this matter would be really appreciated!! looking for someone that has done this with good/bad results but has done it, not someone without the experience...

d@_b3st

so yesterday got to remove the tranny alas...

removed the magnetic drain bolt and it does work

drained the fluid

quite a bit of debris on the plug

anyone up for coffee??

blue clutch plate???

sitting next to each other

opened the s4c

was this supposed to read J4D??

reverse looks good

3rd synchro looks good

last moments of the 5th in there...

quite some debris on the magnet as well

lsd diff

the culprit...

quite some debris particles all over along with gasket sealant...

what a mess...

ls 5th in :)

had to use my heat gun to take this puppy out :( so it seems that new bearing is in order

same bearing from ls tranny not going is though

my mess as it sits at the garage...

going to be ordering the rest of the bearings new and new axle seals online hopefully get them here this week :O not disapointed but not too happy either should have ordered everything since the beginning...

d@_b3st

so I've been busy but have some updates on the car, first off the clutch assembly was catching really good before I took the tranny off, but after further inspection I found it had unfortunately crapped out :( but the real reason behind this "ISB noise" was... well you be the judge, look at the pics below and post what you think was wrong with this setup.

so this is what the clutch plate looked like

close up broken plate

the center bore has some play to it

escuse the blurriness but notice the center bore it has moved

competition clutch ultra lightweight flywheel?!?!?! you can deffinetly see the burned surface and...

yeap!!! 8.58lbs just like advertised

so I had to get a matching clutch kit for that flywheel!!! :D

stage 1.5 gravity clutch kit 6 pucks 6 springs

cleaned prepped and resurfaced the flywheel myself with some sand paper and a straight edge

fresh clutch kit in

tranny finally in!!!

gotta fill the tranny up with honda MTF and such but was kind of in a hurry on sunday, so far waiting for one more item in the mail so I can drop her to the floor and fire her up.

guesses on what was the real reason behind this "ISB Noise"??