2dr exhaust to 4dr possible?

db84life

hey sup guyz.... i got my car running....and i'm trying to let it break in..... i wasnt sure how long.. but some people say to run it normal about 500 miles and up b4 i can drive it hard....

n e wayz... i will post my pik soon.... working on my jdm conversion...

my question is i have a friend that selling his 2dr exhaust system and i was wondering how hard to make it fit on a 4 dr.

i heard some says to add about 4inch of pipe to it.. but what part? is it worth it or just get a 4dr system.. .thanks

steelies_ftw

db84life said:
hey sup guyz.... i got my car running....and i'm trying to let it break in..... i wasnt sure how long.. but some people say to run it normal about 500 miles and up b4 i can drive it hard....

n e wayz... i will post my pik soon.... working on my jdm conversion...

my question is i have a friend that selling his 2dr exhaust system and i was wondering how hard to make it fit on a 4 dr.

i heard some says to add about 4inch of pipe to it.. but what part? is it worth it or just get a 4dr system.. .thanks

well i just recently rebuit my b18b, put pr3 pistons and balanced crank and wut not the usual, and im using the piston rings that came on the car (145k or so) and well i drove the crap out of it the first day, and the headgasket was leaky, so that wasnt good, so then put a new headgasket on, fixed the radiator fluid problem and 1000 miles later and a few ricers smoked she still runs strong, look up some break in methods and i guess just go with ur gut, the way i see it is when the engines first come out of factory they drive the piss out of them on the dyno, and but it depends on what you just replaced, anyways i wouldnt bother with fabricating a 2dr exhaust to a 4dr, unless you can do it yourself, cuz otherwise someone will charge u up the butt and it will probalby cost the same as if you just bought a 4dr exhaust in the first place

imo :D

Winki

Undercover mod
you can just throw it on there it will be short a lil.. but if you need and exhaust you need and exhaust. or cut the flange after the cat reweld it to extra pipe then conect the extra pipe to the exhaust and bolt up the flange

jdmenace

I Had A Built Motor And A Couple Ov My Friends Have Built Motors , And We All Broke Them In Differant And If Its Built Right Then Nothing Will Happen . Just Break It In Like Your Going To Drive It , Dont Baby It ! When You Put The Motor In Use Regular Motor Oil Until You Hit The 1000 Mile Mark , Then You Should Run Synthetic Oil.

db84life

thankz for teh replies...... i knew there somethinges else i mite did wrong was that its better off using a reg. oil first then switch it to synthic oil.... too late now...... but lately i have oil still shooting out from teh muffler.....

i donkno if this mite be the problem... should of use regular oil first.....

i havent been driving it hard.... i'm still letting my stage 3 clutch breaking in.. at first.. it was soft.. but now i cna feel its getting a lil harder and feel like its slippin.. but if i put a lil more gas then it wont feel like slipping.... its hard to explain how it feel....

on teh exhaust... one of you says that it might be a lil short.... which i know that, but wasnt sure how much.....

i was told either by that cat or near the muffler tat i need to modify.... so i guessing only one person did this alreay or what? i really thanks you for ur opinion....