Samurai Blue's Integra Build

Nick_C78

Dylan. If you get under 2:10, I'll pay for your ticket.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
So yesterday a few friends and I went to Thunderhill. It was raining and wet.

got to the gates a bit before 6am. Gates open at 6:30. For everyone who hasnt been here before there are 2 covered awnings, one is reserved for club members and the second one is first come first serve. I wanted to get the middle awning because of the rain.

It was damp on track for the first session and we were hoping it would stay dry. We thew on the RA1s and hoped for the best. The track was extremly cold and damp. My wet PB came out in this session which was a 2:29.x

Second session it began to rain, we didnt think it was too bad and I went back out on RA1s. That wasnt the best idea ive had all day. Turn 2 especially in the wet made the car feel unstable. loads of understeeer and it didnt feel like the car was on the ground.

Needless to say, LS mesh were thrown back on. The car felt fun I deffinantly was unable to push it 100% and kept locking up on braking. It was deffinantly a good learning experience. Throttle control, and how you brake. Turning imputs everything.

unfortunatly before lunch, someone flipped their car at turn 8. It was a spec miata that we suspect drifted out too wide on exit and hit the pain and dug in. The trail of mud in front of his car was tracks from his car being drug back down to the track to be towed. There were two impact spots which make me believe the driver flipped the car more than once. He was rushed to hospital. Hoping for the best.

photo of our camp

My last session in went off at turn 11. I hit some standing water while turning in and lost it. oops.

photo of me and my buddy having fun in the rain. his s13 has nsx headlights

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
it was cool i got to work on entry into corners and stuff instead. I noticed some corners my car wouldnt have grip at all and others i did. I couldnt put as much power down as i could normally.

2kdb7

I've seen a few miata track videos where they drop a wheel and end up flipping. Is this a common problem/driver error or just a case of shit happens

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
What do you mean drop a wheel off? You can't flip your car by simply dropping a wheel off. I've seen people drop a wheel off plenty of times myself included. To flip your car you have to be sliding sideways and a wheel needs to dig into the ground. I can't comment on what this particular driver did but at the corner there is a bump. On the exit there's curbing and it's "double wide" the outter most curbing is slick normally. That corner should be taken flat in the dry in most cars. I imagine he was going flat in the rain as well most likely on ra1s.

But to answer your question. It's a case by case. Since it was wet the dirt is soft and you can dig in easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick_C78

There are many factors that come in to play for a car to flip, but the speed to angle ratio at which point the car digs in is the biggest one. Aero is another.