Lazy when accelerating.

Jclint_

When i accelerate especially from 2nd or 3rd gear and im pressing on it a little more than usual, it feels very lazy like it doesn't want to go. Also say im cruising and i decide to press down on it, it feels like its holding back.

I changed the whole dizzy, wires and spark plugs. But this car always needed the timing belt to be adjusted. Can that be it or does that sound like something else. Also my CEL is on but i haven't checked out what it was so i know that doesn't help lol.

Any help?

94RS

No fucks given.
When i accelerate especially from 2nd or 3rd gear and im pressing on it a little more than usual, it feels very lazy like it doesn't want to go. Also say im cruising and i decide to press down on it, it feels like its holding back.

I changed the whole dizzy, wires and spark plugs. But this car always needed the timing belt to be adjusted. Can that be it or does that sound like something else. Also my CEL is on but i haven't checked out what it was so i know that doesn't help lol.

Any help?
Didn't set the ignition timing, did you?

94RS

No fucks given.
You also need to jump the pin on a stock ecu to set it correctly.

Yeah, there's that too :lol:

I was just asking if it was set after replacing the dizzy though. My car acted the same way when I replaced mine a few years ago. Lagged til about 3k RPM, then sudden burst of acceleration. Mad tyt3 vtaks in the automatic y0? :rolf:

Dnethics

maybe I should check mine. My car feels just as 94RS described it, Lagged till 3k RPM... I want to squeeze everything I can from the b20, without any modifications lmao

Jclint_

Yeah, there's that too :lol:

I was just asking if it was set after replacing the dizzy though. My car acted the same way when I replaced mine a few years ago. Lagged til about 3k RPM, then sudden burst of acceleration. Mad tyt3 vtaks in the automatic y0? :rolf:
Yeah that's exactly what happens to mine. Like it lags almost to 4 rpm then i feel it kick in.

94RS

No fucks given.
Set your ignition timing, or pay someone to set it if you're not comfortable doing it yourself.