My Official RSX and Integra Comparison

teggyboy21

What's up bros? It has probably been about 5 years or more since I've posted on here and I just recently purchased an 06 Acura RSX Base and wanted to do a compare and contrast of the RSX and Integra models to shed some light on the differences between the 2 to help future potential RSX buyers decide whether or not they should make the next step up the generation ladder or just stay where they're at.

Now I'm completely aware that this topic has been posted a bajillion times before and to some of you this may seem like a whole bunch of unnecessary nonsense, but nonetheless I am providing this as guide to point buyers in the best suitable direction for their needs. I have been in the Honda game a LONG time and I am 26 years old and this RSX is my 14th car lol. I've owned them all: Civic, Accord, Integra, Prelude, RSX. D16, B16, B18C, B18B, H23, H22, F22B etc. I've spent countless time and money along with much blood sweat and tears on Hondas and the JDM life. You guys know the struggle! Lol. This is my pathetic attempt to give back to the Honda game for all the crazy years of fun it has given me.

Ever since I was younger I always wanted an RSX and always wondered what it was like to drive one but could never afford a nice one with low miles. But now that I am older and have a good job an steady income I finally acquired enough funds to buy one outright. This car is used as a daily driver so this factor was greatly considered when making the purchase. I wanted a Black 06 RSX, I just wasn't sure if I wanted a Base or a Type-S so I test drove both.

Type-S:

I test drove the Type-S first, was an 06 with 70K miles 'Carfax One-Owner' $12,500 cash price. I was so excited to drive it because of all the hype that this car gets. Does the car actually live up to this hype? Eh Kinda.

I took it out for a test drive and I will say right off the rip that the RSX has a COMPLETELY different feel than a DA9 or DC2. So much different. The seats and interior are pretty comfortable, and def looks way sportier than the integra. Also a big difference is road noise. The RSX has a very smooth quiet ride and feels like a luxury sedan almost. It takes the bumps very well. Steering is very tight and responsive. However, I like the way that the integra feels when taking the corners better (probably due to Wishbone in the front, RSX has MacPhearson strut in the front). It can take corners more aggresively and feels more secure as with the RSX it feels more top heavy with more body roll. I would def not Auto-X an RSX. The shifting in the RSX is very smooth and less notchy than the integra. Took it through all gears 1-6 revved the crap out of it. The K20a2 is very similar to the GSR in the fact that it is a top end beast. It has a very strong top end with lots of power but you really gotta rev it to get the power, in fact with the Type-S gearing it pretty much encourages you to. Doesn't have much power until about 4500 RPMs. Overall a decently impressive sports car that requires a great deal of high-revs to obtain power from.

Base Model:

I test drove an 06 with 75k miles, also a 'Carfax One-Owner' $9,995 cash price. Had all original window window stickers and all maintenance records. The base model kind of threw me for a loop. I really wasn't expecting much out of it after driving the Type-S, however I was shocked. The handling and suspension aspects felt exactly the same as the Type-S. Very smooth and quiet, took bumps even better with the smaller 16" rim size. I liked the cloth seats better than the leather, they have a mesh look to them that looks sick and they def felt more comfortable. I love the racing seats in the RSX. When I drove the base model, I noticed a big difference from the Type-S or any Integra for that matter. This car has a great deal of torque, especially in the low RPMs. You have power right off the rip. It reminded me of a H23 Prelude. I stepped on it and it immediately threw me back in my seat and took off. I was very impressed by this. When coming out of a turn you tap the gas and you're flying. Top end was decent but nothing compared to the Type-S.

Final Decision:

Since I planned on using this as a daily driver and keeping it completely stock, the 87 Octane gas and the get-up and go that that base model provides were most suitable for my needs so I went with the Black 06 manual base. Ended up talking the dealer down to $9,500 cash. This car impressed me with its low-end power and still does 3 months after owning it. It is a complete blast to drive. I always get a lot of compliments on this car on both the interior and exterior. The Type-S is definitely faster and has a very nice top end and could probably leave most cars in its class in the dust. If I was going for drag racing potential and speed I would have most definitely gone with the Type-S. I just didn't like how I really had to rev the hell out of it to get the power. It reminded me of when I owned a GSR.

Summary:

The RSX and Integra are both super nice cars. The RSX looks more sporty and definitely has a more modern look to it. The other day someone asked me if my car was a 2011 lol. The Type-S is definitely faster than a GS-R but a lightly modded N/A GS-R could probably smoke a stock Type-S. I also believe that a slightly modded Base RSX could smoke a stock GS-R. Probably a drivers race though. I would say a Type-R would smoke a Type-S hands down. This is all speculation though.

The RSX is definitely built well but I feel that the Integra is built better with better quality parts. The RSX has more plastic components which is pretty much standard of all cars nowadays. Even though the RSX has a smoother and nicer riding susupension, I like the Integra suspension better it just feels like it's built better and its aggressiveness in the corners. Not that the RSX doesn't handle well because it does. The B series engine is much louder than the K series which is much quieter. The B series engine/trans feels way more responsive than the K series.

Bottomline:

If you are looking for an upgrade to your lightly modded or stock LS or GSR and are looking for a smoother/quieter ride and are looking for a newer looking/sportier version of your integra then I would say an RSX would be perfect for you. You will love it. If you are looking more for top speed and high end power then go with the Type-S. If you are going for more low-end power for driving around town then the Base model is your best bet. If you are going strictly for looks than the 05-06 RSX is your best bet in my opinion.

If you have a heavily modded integra (completely overhauled suspension, built/tuned engine etc.) an RSX may not be the best bet for you. You might be disappointed. If I were to compare my base RSX to my fully built and tuned LS/VTEC I had 5 years ago then it is no comparison. With all the work I had done to it, it was way faster, handled way better, and drove way better than any RSX. If you have a Type-R and are thinking of moving towards a Type-S then don't lol. Type-S is an amazing car but pales in comparsion to the engineering and craftsmanship of a Type-R. Not to mention the Type-R is much lighter.

Whichever route you may choose, there is no right or right or wrong answer. Everyone has their own beliefs and opinons and there are probably people who think I'm completely out to lunch with some of my statements but in the end the choice is yours. I think it is pretty rediculous that I typed this 5000 paragraph compare/contrast essay for the Integra and RSX but what the heck, I'm bored at work. Sue me. Lol. If you have actually taken the time to read all of this then you have my deepest level of appreciation. I wish everyone the best of luck in modding their Hondas, please drive safely and never pull over for cops. Slam on that gas pedal and let your VTAK scream as you leave those bastards in the dust. I'm JUST kidding. Always abide by the law. Seriously. I gotta jet tho but I'll catch you guys on the flipside. PEACE

Brett1414

Searching for that 1 swap
VTAK FTW!!! but yeah i really agree with everything you basically said in your 5 Page compare and contrast....... If only i could own both....:cry:

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
That was a very well put together comparison of the two cars. I really appreciate you taking the time to express your opinions and feelings and also helping out those who can't decide between the two.